STILL ALIVE !

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Re: STILL ALIVE !

Postby techgump » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:09 pm

Sup ya'll. No news on VW3? Wishing you all the best. Make that $$ and enjoy life.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby highlander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:37 pm

Hello Techgump Old friend and others , been a bad year for the third rock from the sun but this planet will prevail , hope you all do the same. Good lucky Highlander. :mrgreen:
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Optometry school sucking up all my free time but good to see some of the old (very old in some cases) faces are still alive and kicking :D
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Robomajor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 am

Glad to hear you are all alive and well. o7

Personally, things are getting better every year. I hope to spread this fortune to others as much as I can.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby OGH_MaGmA » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:15 am

Hey there all!

Been a while, and glad to hear you're all alive and hopefully doing very well! It's been quite the years we've been handed recently, but here's hoping it's only up from here!
Dog, huh?             I LOVE DOGS
OGH_MaGmA

Postby Vortex_Master » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:49 am

I've done a lot of introspection these last few years. Ended up moving back home and rectifying some past errors. I recently just broke off contact with a group of online friends I had for the past three years, which reminded me of y'all. I loved them and was happy to get to meet up in person a couple times, travelling around the US to see them. But they just never really cared for me with the same degree of enthusiasm I had for them and treated me increasingly poorly. Well, not all, mostly just three of the 8 or so regulars. We played games together and had a lot of fun, but they really didn't care about who I was as an individual. The relationship became tiring for me, and a couple days ago I expressed my feelings frankly but kindly and they gaslit me and claimed victimhood saying I wouldn't listen to their opinions and how selfish of me to say such things, and I that was the last straw I needed to cut off that toxicity. How dare I have feelings and opinions? This is the sort of thing they would increasingly do any time I had a slightly differing or nuanced opinion on anything, didn't matter the subject, all that mattered was that I wasn't saying something they didn't want to hear because I have my own personality, and they increasingly attached their identities to the "collective" discord server (which I made). I was the enemy to the very thing I created by simply being who I always was instead of morphing myself to fit around some comfy cozy fantasyland. I ended up bringing together a group of people who were such a good match for one another that they formed a hivemind that never wanted to do anything me or another guy wanted (so we did it by ourselves) and then when we went off together to play games or chat or whatever, suddenly we were the bad guys for not including people.

Luckily, I have real friends to go do things in the real world with. But the whole incident got me thinking about VW. Even the petty squabbles and drama I had with people never seemed to get to anyone because it was a facade. A role we played. Our online personas. The masks slowly lifted as the years went by and so did the drama (and the game unfortunately), but it was always just good fun amongst some dudes (and the occasional dudette) online with a shared interest. Glad to have had such a positive online experience all those years ago. It's been eleven years since I started playing VW with over a decade on the forums, and I don't have a single bad memory. Except maybe when Drone came back to usurp Warriors Creed from under my feet after disappearing for like a year. xD

Anyway, I just came back here to reminisce (and rant a little). Best wishes to you all. See you when VW3 finally happens. (or probably in another few months to a year)
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby highlander » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Highlander here to all those who went through hell during covid glad you still with us.Wishing a merry christmas and hoping 2023 will see dreams coming true and fortune. GOOD LUCK ALL. :mrgreen:
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby techgump » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:15 pm

Ditto, biches!
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:15 am

Yep
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby luckyoneab » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:20 pm

Damn I miss this game and the people
luckyoneab

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion