TO-DO list

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: TO-DO list

Postby Joshua » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Lopdo wrote:
124kgf wrote:Is it possible to make somekind a system that would order the starting spots? I know that the idea has been that everyone can pick the spots themselves but sometimes when maps have few good starting spots and there is a lot of players in the game, it might ruin some players game when you have to pick spot right near the players who have their turns before you, and you have to start as underdog and probably after few turns, you have been eliminated because of that. And there is an other part, some players can ruin your game picking the spot right near you and then attack stuidly against you and leave own back without coverage, suddenly both players game is ruined because some other player has expanded without obstacles and conquers your areas.

So the idea what I tried to tell, is that I think it COULD be good that the starting spots would be set into the edges of the maps or atleast to place where you can defend yourself against the first attacks of the game. This would ensure, I think, that the games would be more fair for all (letting everyone expand), instead of letting the first players rule the game.

As an other solution, I suggest that the last players should have somekind of benefits in the early game, so that their game is not ruined because of bad starting spot.

This suggestion can be against the meaning of the start of the game, but this is one of the most annouying things in the game when the game is ruined before it starts :s

Sorry for putting this message in here but i didn't know where to put this, and i didn't want to start a new thread.

it is practically impossible to identify good starting regions in random maps.

Or it would at least take some crazy piece of software that could plan out every variable of the game and determine which is most likely to occur, in the space of 3 seconds, that is....
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Yeah, pretty much.

Or, a solution: don't have it on random maps, only have it on certain pre-made maps where you specifically pick them yourself, Lopdo.
Ratburntro44

Postby Lopdo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am

if I do that, than it will be some new game mode, where your starting territory is stronger and when you lose it than you lose
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Joshua » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am

thats not a bad idea actually; a game mode where if you lose your starting region then you lose the game
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=662

Robomajor wrote:I actually had a different sort of idea than NORMAL CTF. I was thinking that we could make everyone's starting point their own flag. And when the territory that contains a person's flag is defeated, the lose.

Something else we could do which wouldn't be needed (but would be cool) is if we gave the area with the flag on it a limit of 10. That way players in the game could stay in the game longer, and possibly have more time to defend themselves.

It isn't an original idea either.
Ratburntro44

Postby worm2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 pm

moving units would be cool.
worm2

Postby Robomajor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Since we already have the manual placement feature, Lopdo doesn't plan to add that feature.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby Ratburntro44 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I personally would prefer moving units to manual placement, but I don't really care about either that much.
Ratburntro44

Postby rouge ace » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:32 am

i think mods should be made soon, the game is growing fairly quick... or at least more people are playing
Im a firm believer in that people who criticize angels should be banned :P
rouge ace

Postby dolphin7827 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 am

Map Editor???
Silent Killer ;)

Turn off your mind as you turn on your fingers to fill this page with thoughtful ideas.
dolphin7827

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests