Rating Loss Tweaks

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Rating Loss Tweaks

Postby Happiness » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Sometimes in Full Maps, you lose before you even have a choice in the matter. Fangfallen has posted something similiar, but I would like to propose a solution to this. The amount of regions lost influences the rating loss along with ranking during early game.
"Don't worry, be happy"
Happiness

Re: Rating Loss Tweaks

Postby Shobuki » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 am

It takes a long time/difficult to implement such a thing. But I agree. :) Being brown on a full map.. Not fun when knocked out or left with little to no units before your turn even starts.
Shobuki

Postby Ryankill » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 am

If you dont like this aspect of full map, dont play it
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Ryankill wrote:If you dont like this aspect of full map, dont play it

This is a ridiculous response. The suggestion at hand isn't even to change how full map works, it's a suggestion to change how the rating system works to accommodate full map. The rating system is meant to show how good a player is; if something that has nothing to do with a player's skill has an effect on the rating, then there is a problem that should be changed.
Ratburntro44

Postby Ryankill » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Ryankill wrote:If you dont like this aspect of full map, dont play it

This is a ridiculous response. The suggestion at hand isn't even to change how full map works, it's a suggestion to change how the rating system works to accommodate full map. The rating system is meant to show how good a player is; if something that has nothing to do with a player's skill has an effect on the rating, then there is a problem that should be changed.

So lets say a player with 1800 (good player on a good run, but his luck changes)
He dies before his turn, you want it to change so that he loses a tiny bit or none at all
Lets say he is put down to 1 sector all game, waits about 20 turns and dies first -100?

And the rating system is flawed to the T
Show me someone on the leaderboard who does not cheat, bugged account and even plays
A good player usually stays in btw 1500 - 1700 and they can keep it there if there a good player

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Ratburntro44 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:29 am

Ryankill wrote:So lets say a player with 1800 (good player on a good run, but his luck changes)
He dies before his turn, you want it to change so that he loses a tiny bit or none at all
Lets say he is put down to 1 sector all game, waits about 20 turns and dies first -100?

I don't have the slightest idea what the best way to implement the suggestion here would be. What you state here, however, is a much better counterargument than your initial post that I was rebutting.

And the rating system is flawed to the T
Show me someone on the leaderboard who does not cheat, bugged account and even plays
A good player usually stays in btw 1500 - 1700 and they can keep it there if there a good player

The fact that there are other flaws is not a good argument against fixing flaws.
Ratburntro44

Postby Ryankill » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 am

I don't have a argument that i don't want to see this done, but the cold fact about it is that it most likely will never be made by lopdo
So its best get used to it, or play i different mode is what I'm saying

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Ratburntro44 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 am

Ryankill wrote:I don't have a argument that i don't want to see this done, but the cold fact about it is that it most likely will never be made by lopdo

That's perfectly true.

So its best get used to it, or play i different mode is what I'm saying

That's fine, but isn't a reason to simply dismiss the suggestion.
Ratburntro44

Return to Feature requests