New Ideas

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

New Ideas

Postby Deuces22 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:12 am

I have a GREAT idea. Maybe when people click ban on another player because of: A) using two created accounts to win a game and then drawing at the end, or B) Account player using guest to win a game and having guest surrender when all opponents are defeated. VW should actually BAN that player! I am getting real sick and tired of playing this game and fighting against noobs and cheaters that are ruining this game. I love strategy risk style games, hence why I have been playing this game for years; ask Techgump. I remember when we both were under level 10! Anyways, I am about fed up with this kind of crap and could possibly stop playing all together.

The player that has 2 accounts that plays like style (A) ^read above;
IS: Elwood2 and MNDS. I wish that these accounts get banned immediately. I really hope I don't see them again in another game. Thank you

-Deuces22
Deuces22

Re: New Ideas

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:45 am

There is significant merit to the suggestion of investigating those users that are present on the ban lists of many people.
Ratburntro44

Postby Aurora Australis » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 am

Trouble is, what happens when people are falsely accused of being a cheat? Now don't tell me that you've never been accused of it.

Mind you, Rat's alternative might have some merit. But instead of merely on ban lists of a lot of people, maybe on a lot of ban lists in proportion to games played, or maybe a mix of factors.
Caution : Doesn't come with 1698-B sanity certification
http://www.facebook.com/rustgold
Aurora Australis

Postby calleharnemark » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:08 pm

Deuces22 wrote:I have a GREAT idea. Maybe when people click ban on another player because of: A) using two created accounts to win a game and then drawing at the end, or B) Account player using guest to win a game and having guest surrender when all opponents are defeated. VW should actually BAN that player! I am getting real sick and tired of playing this game and fighting against noobs and cheaters that are ruining this game. I love strategy risk style games, hence why I have been playing this game for years; ask Techgump. I remember when we both were under level 10! Anyways, I am about fed up with this kind of crap and could possibly stop playing all together.

The player that has 2 accounts that plays like style (A) ^read above;
IS: Elwood2 and MNDS. I wish that these accounts get banned immediately. I really hope I don't see them again in another game. Thank you

-Deuces22

Why is this topic double posted?
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:17 pm

That would be great if we were all perfect people, but pretty much everyone over level twenty has at least one enemy, or at least gets in a fight from time to time. And enemies aside, there are also just all out trolls who play the game to purposefully mess other people up. What's to stop someone like KBF or Ratsmasher from just going to the lobby and immediately banning everyone there?

I do agree with Rat though, I think we could use the blacklists as a secondary reporting system for investigation by a mod.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Happiness » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 pm

How about a vote ban then? If that person is on at least a specific number of player's banlist, then that player is automatically banned. Hope I'm not asking for much...
Oh and possibly let the players who are only above a specific level so people don't just spam new accounts
"Don't worry, be happy"
Happiness

Postby Chess435 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Auto-ban seems far too abusable. I'd much rather have a list of players on 10 or more banlists along with the reasons for manual review. Bonus points if their nametags display as red to us mods to I don't have to cross-reference the entire list every time I enter the lobby.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Chess435

Return to Feature requests