Public Ranking

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Public Ranking

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:43 am

I propose a system similar to the way we rank maps, but for people.

Just an option to thumbs up or thumbs down an individual during a match with them (You can change your opinion, but you always can only vote on them once.)
Players with higher PR's are obviously friendlier, funner, nicer individuals.

You could further this by adding the option in the creation of maps to only allow players of a certain PR to join.

Only arguments I can see people making is the possibility of people being jerks and downrating you, well, they can only do it during a match and if they do, that's their opinion, if you're truly a good player, other's will uprate you. Even in the case of somebody using multiple accounts to downrate you, they can only have so many and you interact with a vastly larger number of people each day anyway, so it won't make that much of a difference.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Re: Public Ranking

Postby Aurora Australis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, but for every actual DA, there's 5 DA conspiracy theorists ready to downrate you for not committing suicide for them. I wonder just how useful this feature will be in the community, but then again maybe these ratings would be relative.
Caution : Doesn't come with 1698-B sanity certification
http://www.facebook.com/rustgold
Aurora Australis

Re: Public Ranking

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Aurora Australis wrote:Yeah, but for every actual DA, there's 5 DA conspiracy theorists ready to downrate you for not committing suicide for them. I wonder just how useful this feature will be in the community, but then again maybe these ratings would be relative.

True enough, but there are also plenty of people who aren't like this. It's balanced by the community so it's highly unlikely that every one's going to hate on you always.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Return to Feature requests