Ingame PM system for mods or report system

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Ingame PM system for mods or report system

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 pm

We already discussed this about PM's, but what if we at least could just PM mods in game. Most users doesn't use the forum. Imagine if we had a report system where we could save replays of matches. and then have a button that would let us send it to all the mods. Everytime the mods log in they would get a message where they are asked to check the replays so they can see it in action. To prevent spammers from abusing this you would have to wait a time before being able to report again. Any ideas how to prevent trolls from sending replays with just random content?
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Re: Ingame PM system for mods or report system

Postby Guest77 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 pm

While I do agree this could be a valuable asset, I do believe the risk of many, many games being reported without real reason outweighs the potential benefit.
Guest77

Postby jwl1000 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Guest77 wrote:While I do agree this could be a valuable asset, I do believe the risk of many, many games being reported without real reason outweighs the potential benefit.

+1
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby Ratburntro44 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Guest77 wrote:While I do agree this could be a valuable asset, I do believe the risk of many, many games being reported without real reason outweighs the potential benefit.

Agreed.
Ratburntro44

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Ratburntro44 wrote:

Agreed.

Well, it would be the same thing as the unnecessary pages on the report users section and that's why I suggest a limit of how many replays you can post over time but idk. I got the idea from Touhou when I saw it's save replay feature.
Also: Give mods access to your banlist and social screen, I think that maybe could help too.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Guest77 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm

calleharnemark wrote:Well, it would be the same thing as the unnecessary pages on the report users section and that's why I suggest a limit of how many replays you can post over time but idk. I got the idea from Touhou when I saw it's save replay feature.
Also: Give mods access to your banlist and social screen, I think that maybe could help too.

I do believe giving mods access to the banlist & social screen would help them determine if something is purely spite (to a certain point - it'd be very subjective).

However, replays would be much longer to watch than simply skimming the report users thread, which is why I think the risk outweighs the benefit. The mods don't need to spend all their time re-watching others play as opposed to playing themselves. :)
Guest77

Postby jwl1000 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 pm

but then what if there are actually a bunch of bad things happening? you have a limit :P
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby Chess435 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Karen and I would be fine if we didn't have to track down users in game just to ban them. :-/
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Chess435

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:30 am

Chess435 wrote:Karen and I would be fine if we didn't have to track down users in game just to ban them. :-/

Give me mod powers for a day and I will kill Ratsmasher for you (assuming you haven't got him in the game yet).
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Chess435 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:
Chess435 wrote:Karen and I would be fine if we didn't have to track down users in game just to ban them. :-/

Give me mod powers for a day and I will kill Ratsmasher for you (assuming you haven't got him in the game yet).

He hasn't logged on in 2 days, so he's probably laying low for now.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Chess435

Next

Return to Feature requests