Steam Machines

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: Steam Machines

Postby Slengar » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 pm

necrocat219 wrote:
Slengar wrote:10 territories. 7 armies. 20 territories. 14 armies. 30 territories. 21 armies. You get the point. 60 territories (with all upgrades, and bear in mind you can get 60 territories before turn 10) gives you 42 armies (7×7). And you ask me why I think it sucks :L

Oh, I thought you were saying they were overpowered :P Well thats good, I don't think you read the second part of the ability:
necrocat219 wrote:Every 10th turn, they gain:

+10% attack
+20% spawn
+10 defence

How this works is every 10th turn, they gain that many stats, so on turn 10 they have -5% atk, -10% spawn, -5% def, and on turn 20 they have +5% atk, +10% spawn, +5% def. This means that you wouldn't ever reach 60 territories and still have the negative bonuses, and you don't have the starting stats the whole game. I'm glad you understand what the race does now :)

Oh. Now I feel stupid :D Thanks for explaining it again :L
The time bomb is ticking
And no one listening
Our future is fading
Is there any hope we'll survive?

Still, we ravage the world that we love
And the millions cry out to be saved
Our endless maniacal appetite
Left us with another way to die
Slengar

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Two reasons it would be really tough to use:

1. Track the gameplay. Most game are decided by the twentieth turn, when this would become useful, and for longer games, the spawn bonus would mean you had significantly less regions than anyone else. Unless you have allies to protect you, you would be easy kill because your first twenty turns would be impossible. Even after twenty, you still have only the power of the dragons. It isn't until turn thirty that you become a killing machine, and it's probably much too late by then.
2. The really big thing here though is that anyone who wanted to could spawn right next to you. With such weakened defense, they could kill you about 95% of the time, and have even better chances if they waited for your third turn, when your spawn subtraction kicks in and you only get three reinforcements for every four regions.

Good idea, bad math.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby necrocat219 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 pm

No problem don't worry! I mean looking at the stats they are very harsh, so maybe it could be this instead:

-5% Attack
-10% Spawn
-5% Defence

Gains every 10 turns:

+5% Attack
+10% Spawn
+5% Defence

A bit less harsh, but gets powerful more slowly
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:11 pm

That might be good. It would allow you a decent start, a good expansion, and be the tie breaker for any match. Keep it alive and you'd win eventually.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby necrocat219 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:Two reasons it would be really tough to use:

1. Track the gameplay. Most game are decided by the twentieth turn, when this would become useful, and for longer games, the spawn bonus would mean you had significantly less regions than anyone else. Unless you have allies to protect you, you would be easy kill because your first twenty turns would be impossible. Even after twenty, you still have only the power of the dragons. It isn't until turn thirty that you become a killing machine, and it's probably much too late by then.
2. The really big thing here though is that anyone who wanted to could spawn right next to you. With such weakened defense, they could kill you about 95% of the time, and have even better chances if they waited for your third turn, when your spawn subtraction kicks in and you only get three reinforcements for every four regions.

Good idea, bad math.

1) This is very true. it wouldn't be suitable for a lot of games, and it might be hard to track exactly which turns it gains the bonuses. I'm thinking that a few stat tweaks would improve this
2) Yeah... I just started getting visions of me buying this race all excited, then the image of terminators spawning next to me and destroying me came to mind. I'll fix the figures so it's more suitable.
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby necrocat219 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah, that was kinda the idea :) A more gentle slope rather than a steep curve would probably make game play better, reducing those 'die fast, or win fast' games
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry, I'm not against the idea, it was just a little extreme.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby necrocat219 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:Sorry, I'm not against the idea, it was just a little extreme.

It was ^^; I've edited the original post with more realistic starting and 10th turn stat gains, to be more like teddies and dragons. I think the previous idea would only be good in team games.
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:56 pm

This is a really good idea. It's like uber teddie bears.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby necrocat219 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Fangfallen wrote:This is a really good idea. It's like uber teddie bears.

Yush! Teddies, but with a reward if you stick with them! :D
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests