Race ideas. Updated with 2 new races.

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Race ideas. Updated with 2 new races.

Postby Sundancer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 am

Race: Monks
Cost: 1500 shards
Bonus: All shards gained are converted in to exp in 1:3 ratio. If you would get 70 shards, it would convert in to 210 exp. You wouldn't get the shards.

Race: Hoarders
Cost: 2500 shards
Bonus: All exp gained is converted in to shards in 3:2 ratio.

Race: (No name as of yet, suggestions are welcome)
Cost: 2000 shards
Bonus: +5% attack, all defence boosts are converted in to attack boosts.

Race: (No name as of yet, suggestions are welcome)
Bonus: +5% defence, all attack boosts are converted in to defence boosts.

Race: Leprechauns
Bonus: +10% change to start as red,blue,yellow, or green.

Race: Crusaders
Cost: 3250 shards
Bonus: Can choose 2 starting positions(In conquer mode). When less than 5 connected regions, all regions are counted in the spawn(Full map).

Race: Headstarters
Cost: 350 coins
Bonus: Always the first to play. After the first turn, is reverted back to normal turn order. Example, if using this race, you are blue, you get to place before red and play your normal turn after red. If there is multiple players with this race in the same match, they get to play the "first turns" in the order they're in normal turns. Example, blue, orange, and brown are using this race. Blue gets to place first, then orange, then brown, after that the normal turn order starts; red, blue and so on.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Race: Ifrit
Cost: 3000 shards
Bonus: After fighting with this race, turns your racial bonuses around and gains the original ones to itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack ifrit. Your new racial bonuses are -5% attack and defence, and the ifrit has +5% attack and defence for one turn.

Race: Djinn
Bonus: After fighting with this race, doubles your racial bonuses and gains the same bonuses for itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack djinn. Your new racial bonuses are +10% attack and defence, and the djinn has +10% attack and defence.

I don't know if any of such are suggested before, if so, I'm sorry for wasting everyones time.
Last edited by Sundancer on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
techgump wrote:It's sundancer, there is no explanation.

highlander wrote:i like sundancer

No remorse, no guilt or pity...
Sundancer

Re: Race ideas.

Postby Joshua » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Nice ideas, I like them all.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Monks
Bonus: All shards gained are converted into exp in 1:3 ratio. If you would get 70 shards, it would convert in to 210 exp. You wouldn't get the shards.

I'm cool with that.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Hoarders
Bonus: All exp gained is converted into shards in 2:3 ratio.

2:3 ratio seems a bit much on this. If you would get 200 exp you'd get 300 shards. That's a lot of shards.

Sundancer wrote:Race: (No name as of yet, suggestions are welcome)

I'd call them Berserkers.

And I'd call them Jerichos.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Leprechauns
Bonus: +10% chance to start as red, blue, yellow or green.

Rather than red, blue, yellow or green I'd go for the first half of however many people are playing, because this'd be useless on 2-4 player games.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Crusaders
Bonus: Can choose 2 starting positions (In conquer mode). When less than 5 connected regions, all regions are counted in the spawn (Full map).

I'd separate this into two different races, because with both these powers you could go a bit mental on people.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Headstarters
Bonus: Always the first to play. After the first turn, is reverted back to normal turn order. Example, if using this race, you are blue, you get to place before red and play your normal turn after red. If there is multiple players with this race in the same match, they get to play the "first turns" in the order they're in normal turns. Example, blue, orange, and brown are using this race. Blue gets to place first, then orange, then brown, after that the normal turn order starts; red, blue and so on.

I think something similar was suggested as an FTA solution.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby jwl1000 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 am

Joshua wrote:Nice ideas, I like them all.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Monks
Bonus: All shards gained are converted into exp in 1:3 ratio. If you would get 70 shards, it would convert in to 210 exp. You wouldn't get the shards.

I'm cool with that.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Hoarders
Bonus: All exp gained is converted into shards in 2:3 ratio.

2:3 ratio seems a bit much on this. If you would get 200 exp you'd get 300 shards. That's a lot of shards.

I'd call them Berserkers.

And I'd call them Jerichos.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Leprechauns
Bonus: +10% chance to start as red, blue, yellow or green.

Rather than red, blue, yellow or green I'd go for the first half of however many people are playing, because this'd be useless on 2-4 player games.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Crusaders
Bonus: Can choose 2 starting positions (In conquer mode). When less than 5 connected regions, all regions are counted in the spawn (Full map).

I'd separate this into two different races, because with both these powers you could go a bit mental on people.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Headstarters

I think something similar was suggested as an FTA solution.

funny, i had the exact same thoughts as joshua
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby royalblue » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:05 am

To be honest, despite being really good ideas, most of those are incredibly overpowered. Headstarters for instance would dominate full map games.
I honestly don't remember why I decided to type everything in blue.
royalblue

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 am

Royalblue, they do seem pretty overpowered but they are also rather cheap.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby jwl1000 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:03 am

i think monks is good, but the rest are a bit OP
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:03 am

I'd be using the berserkers..
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Reznorock » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:36 am

Nice ideas, id like to see some new races that wouldn't be a downgrade (like the way blademasters are to arachnids etc)
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Re: Race ideas. Updated with 2 new races.

Postby Joshua » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Sundancer wrote:Race: Ifrit
Bonus: After fighting with this race, turns your racial bonuses around and gains the original ones to itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack Ifrit. Your new racial bonuses are -5% attack and defence, and the Ifrit has +5% attack and defence for one turn.

I can imagine that getting very annoying for the person who gets their bonuses turned round.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Djinn
Bonus: After fighting with this race, doubles your racial bonuses and gains the same bonuses for itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack Djinn. Your new racial bonuses are +10% attack and defence, and the Djinn has +10% attack and defence.

What happens if a Djinn fights an Ifrit, or if everyone in the game has one of them?
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Re: Race ideas. Updated with 2 new races.

Postby necrocat219 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Joshua wrote:
Sundancer wrote:Race: Ifrit
Bonus: After fighting with this race, turns your racial bonuses around and gains the original ones to itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack Ifrit. Your new racial bonuses are -5% attack and defence, and the Ifrit has +5% attack and defence for one turn.

I can imagine that getting very annoying for the person who gets their bonuses turned round.

Sundancer wrote:Race: Djinn
Bonus: After fighting with this race, doubles your racial bonuses and gains the same bonuses for itself for one turn (Doesn't affect spawn bonus). Example you have dragons and you attack Djinn. Your new racial bonuses are +10% attack and defence, and the Djinn has +10% attack and defence.

What happens if a Djinn fights an Ifrit, or if everyone in the game has one of them?

Caughtcha Joshua!
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Next

Return to Feature requests