Full Map Balance

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Full Map Balance

Postby Reznorock » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Not sure if this would really belong as a feature but it would be nice for there to be more balance when it comes to the full map placing people.

Regardless of placement in turn, there needs to be some sort of balance in the number of lands everyone starts with by means of an equal number of starting troops per player distributed amongst said lands
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

EFFACÉ

Postby Ozserf » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 pm

EFFACÉ
Last edited by Ozserf on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozserf

Re: Full Map Balance

Postby Lopdo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

random maps already have balanced number of territories. For custom maps this is not possible, I would have to disable some territories and I think that could break some maps (I haven't thought much about it, maybe it would be fine)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Joshua » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Could we balance the number of troops in them?
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Reznorock » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 pm

I was talking about random full maps (and the size really is awkward sometimes).

Now unless ive seen a number of extremes in the way the numbers play out between the amount of lands and troops I would say it would need some tweaking, as ive seen some pretty lopsided games, which is really made worse by the fact that it doesn't seem to take into account the turn a player starts at all, so when you see red with a lot of lands and some larger numbers and someone halfway down the list or even at the bottom with about half the lands (or even less by the time it's their turn) with nothing but 1's and 2's and maybe one or two 3's or 4's.

It turns the game into a game of luck and chance more than skill.

And thats what im saying joshua, its not exactly about the lands, it's about the troops, if someone has like 13-14 lands scattered around and someone has 4-5, then I don't really see it as balanced if the guy with less lands has nothing above a 3 or 4 with most being 1 and 2, while the guy with more lands is sitting on 3-s-5's with a couple of 1's and 2's
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby Lopdo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Joshua wrote:Could we balance the number of troops in them?

balance how?

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Joshua » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Lopdo wrote:

balance how?

Well, I consistently see people starting with a bunch of 4s, 5s or sometimes even 6s, whilst (almost) everyone else starts off with just 1s, 2s, or 3s.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Lopdo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm

so just more even distribution among territories?

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Lopdo wrote:

balance how?

Everyone else always gets a few big armies, and I get a few threes and a bunch of ones. :lol:
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Joshua » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Lopdo wrote:so just more even distribution among territories?

Yep.
Joshua

Next

Return to Feature requests