In-Game Tournament.

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: In-Game Tournament.

Postby Joshua » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 am

jwl1000 wrote:I don't mean to make this whole thing alot harder on lopdo, but I don't think any of this tourney should be left to the players (i.e. screenshots, showing up in the proper amount of days, finding the game and clicking on it). I think that once the player enters the tournament, they won't be able to leave for about an hour (as sketchy as that sounds) and everything is done for them, except for the fighting part.
For this next part, I realize it would be very difficult, but I'll just put it out there.
ok, so you have one whole day scheduled for just the tournament (or part of the day) where all games are shut down until it is complete. (in order to get the maximum amount of players) also, i don't think there should be any penalties to rating for not doing well
lopdo has ad's posted so that when people log in, it's the first thing they see (like the "what's new" after an update) saying "Tournament!! 9/26/13" or whatever
ok, here's the good part: every game is a maximum of 15 minutes long. if you are still playing by the end of that time, the one with the most regions conquered wins. This would make it very easy to host the tournament without worry of long, loooong delays as people don't show up. at the end of each matchup the winner is automatically bumped up to the next game and the loser is kicked, with a little "you placed 50th!" or something, along with a small prize 9or big, depending on their placing)
Also, I think if you place in the top 8 you should get a little trophy that can go on your personal account.

Ok. that's it i think. Too difficult? Confusing? please respond :)

Probably too difficult, although that's the ideal kinda system I'd want.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Previous

Return to Feature requests