In-Game Tournament.

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: In-Game Tournament.

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:04 am

I think he should just renew VW every once in a while and we can stay on here for a lot longer.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Ask Caroline » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:05 am

Is it possible you can program something Lopdo?
Ask Caroline

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 am

Ask Caroline wrote:Is it possible you can program something Lopdo?

Of course he can, that bug he made has a bit of game in it.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Lopdo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 am

I do not plan to make an update for this, as making something that is actually useful would require quite a lot of work. The idea was to reuse system you already use, it might not be perfect but it seems to work. I will try to think about some solution to win confirmation, maybe I can come up with some simple solution that would help.

As for the number of players, I have no idea how many people would like to join, but 32 was too few. We might need to limit to some reasonable number to be able to manage it. Perhaps 128, but even that might be too much. I've never done anything like this so I do not know what is feasible and what isn't
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby chris1726354 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:09 pm

I recommend emailing players and setting up specific times to play. We'll need a lot of hosts.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby necrocat219 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Lopdo, I think I have what I believe is a fairly simple way to validate games; have the game name appear in-game when playing as well as in the lobby; that way, if Fang assignes a unique code such as ''136693'' that each match needs to be names, then the winner can give screenshots of the before and after with the numbers visible as proof.
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 pm

necrocat219 wrote:Lopdo, I think I have what I believe is a fairly simple way to validate games; have the game name appear in-game when playing as well as in the lobby; that way, if Fang assignes a unique code such as ''136693'' that each match needs to be names, then the winner can give screenshots of the before and after with the numbers visible as proof.

Interesting idea, Necro. I believe this would be a great way to validate the games. Lopdo, how hard would it be to add that gui?
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Lopdo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 am

easy to add, hard to find enough space to make it look nice :) but it would be quite easy to add it into the results screen (where xp and shards and rating are displayed when the game is over) if that's enough
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Lopdo wrote:easy to add, hard to find enough space to make it look nice :) but it would be quite easy to add it into the results screen (where xp and shards and rating are displayed when the game is over) if that's enough

That is plenty, as long as one of the fighters can get a picture that shows the game name, and the other person in the match. Then I have concrete evidence to continue on.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby jwl1000 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 pm

I don't mean to make this whole thing alot harder on lopdo, but I don't think any of this tourney should be left to the players (i.e. screenshots, showing up in the proper amount of days, finding the game and clicking on it). I think that once the player enters the tournament, they won't be able to leave for about an hour (as sketchy as that sounds) and everything is done for them, except for the fighting part.
For this next part, I realize it would be very difficult, but I'll just put it out there.
ok, so you have one whole day scheduled for just the tournament (or part of the day) where all games are shut down until it is complete. (in order to get the maximum amount of players) also, i don't think there should be any penalties to rating for not doing well
lopdo has ad's posted so that when people log in, it's the first thing they see (like the "what's new" after an update) saying "Tournament!! 9/26/13" or whatever
ok, here's the good part: every game is a maximum of 15 minutes long. if you are still playing by the end of that time, the one with the most regions conquered wins. This would make it very easy to host the tournament without worry of long, loooong delays as people don't show up. at the end of each matchup the winner is automatically bumped up to the next game and the loser is kicked, with a little "you placed 50th!" or something, along with a small prize 9or big, depending on their placing)
Also, I think if you place in the top 8 you should get a little trophy that can go on your personal account.

Ok. that's it i think. Too difficult? Confusing? please respond :)
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests