In-Game Tournament.

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: In-Game Tournament.

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Autumnwolf17 and Highlander, I realize you have your differences for whatever reason, and you may keep on arguing all you like, my only request is that you keep it to PM's.

Now, Lopdo, if I send you a PM will you actually get it? The reason I ask is because I figure your inbox is always flooded.

I can either PM you my vision and plan for an ingame tournament so you can realize exactly what I'm thinking or I can just keep it to here.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby highlander » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

It's ok Fangfallen i've already moved the off topic to its rightful place,The Wolf-Pack Clan page.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

highlander wrote:It's ok Fangfallen i've already moved the off topic to its rightful place,The Wolf-Pack Clan page.

Thank you, feel free to discuss inter-clan matters there, just keep the personal bickering to a minimum and I'll have no qualms.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Lopdo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Fangfallen wrote:Now, Lopdo, if I send you a PM will you actually get it? The reason I ask is because I figure your inbox is always flooded.

I can either PM you my vision and plan for an ingame tournament so you can realize exactly what I'm thinking or I can just keep it to here.

No reason to keep it private, we can discuss rules publicly and get some input from other players
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Lopdo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

Here is my rough idea about what would make it fair (not sure how you ran previous tournaments).

- 1v1 only, no teams
- map chosen randomly from small pool of tourney maps (some fair maps will need to be picked)
- manual distribution
- no upgrades or bonuses

What I see as a potential problem is if too many players sign up, it could take quite a long time to organize and play all matches

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Lopdo wrote:Here is my rough idea about what would make it fair (not sure how you ran previous tournaments).

- 1v1 only, no teams
- map chosen randomly from small pool of tourney maps (some fair maps will need to be picked)
- manual distribution
- no upgrades or bonuses

What I see as a potential problem is if too many players sign up, it could take quite a long time to organize and play all matches

And there lies the problem, I'd suggest the tourney's only have 32 players each, and that if one doesn't log in for more than 3 days from signing up they get disqualified from the tourney.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Lopdo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

yea but making tournament with just 32 people from the forum is not what I had in mind. I agree with disqualification when player isn't able to play for few days, but the starting number needs to be bigger

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby chris1726354 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:56 pm

I think it should be made of games of 8 players, and the contestants will be randomly chosen or chosen based off of their level, rating, win/lose ratio. Players would sign up and play at specific times and the outcome of the match would be automatically recorded. If another way is chosen, I'd be glad to host some games.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby calleharnemark » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Lopdo wrote:yea but making tournament with just 32 people from the forum is not what I had in mind. I agree with disqualification when player isn't able to play for few days, but the starting number needs to be bigger

Just hold several tournaments simultaneously and let the winners qualify to another tournament.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 am

Lopdo wrote:yea but making tournament with just 32 people from the forum is not what I had in mind. I agree with disqualification when player isn't able to play for few days, but the starting number needs to be bigger

I would love to do a much larger tournament, my original plan for my first VT was for it to be a 64 player tourney, but because my only effective way of getting the word out was through the forums it didn't work out. How large would you like it to be? For starters I believe we should only do one tourney at a time until we have enough proficient volunteers to work it. I would love to help run one of the tournaments (As a recurring thing). Does a 128 player tournament sound feasable to you? I can take applications and use a third party randomizer to pair people up. Which brings me to my next question: Will the tournament system be forum based? If I can do it as I have been for the past few Tourneys I won't need much direction as I would if you were to make the system game based, which I am also fine with, I'd just have to get used to the layout and all.

So, if you use me as a volunteer, I'll take applications and pair people up, but I'll need a helping hand to sort through the proof screenshots (Unless you can figure something out for that).

You have no idea how happy all this makes me feel. I don't know how big of an update this will be, but if it is your last update for the game it is definitely a great way to go out.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests