[Race] Diviners

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

[Race] Diviners

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Diviners - Get to advantageous boost result
After the result of a battle with a boost is decided by the last roll, the best roll for the person with this race takes effect. There is no effect if both players have this race. (this only matters in attrition and hardcore)

This wording might be a bit confusing, if you do not understand it then feel free to ask questions and I can explain more.
Ratburntro44

Re: [Race] Diviners

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm

I am not sure. You mean that if I were to attack an 8 with an 8 and we used both the shield and lightning boost, and I won the first with a 40 but you won the second with a 41 and then won the third with a 39, who would win? Would I win with the 40 that beats your 39? Or would you win because you had a 41 to beat my 40?

Or do I not understand at all?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 pm

The outcome is not affected by this race; whichever attack does the most damage to me is the one that takes affect, so I still win but the amount of damage to me may be more than it would've been otherwise.

Edit: Assuming you are the one using the race in this scenario.
Ratburntro44

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Would you get your highest roll as well? Or just the guy with the race?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:Would you get your highest roll as well? Or just the guy with the race?

What?
Ratburntro44

Postby Joshua » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm

D'you mean that you get the highest possible score for the amount of dice you have?
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Autumnwolf17 wrote:Would you get your highest roll as well? Or just the guy with the race?

What?

If you don't have the race and one of your previous rolls is better than the last roll you got, then if your opponent has the race do you get that higher roll? Or just your opponent?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby calleharnemark » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Ratburntro44 wrote:Diviners - Get to advantageous boost result
After the result of a battle with a boost is decided by the last roll, the best roll for the person with this race takes effect. There is no effect if both players have this race. (this only matters in attrition and hardcore)

This wording might be a bit confusing, if you do not understand it then feel free to ask questions and I can explain more.

So your point is whatever the outcome would be it would be more devastating while fighting this race. But by the sound of it sounds like this would affect all races. I might have gotten it completely wrong but how would this work out in HC???
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Let's see if I can explain this better.

When there are boosts involved in a battle, there may be multiple rolls.

Out of those rolls, the final roll decides the winner.

Now, take all the rolls (2 or 3) that produced the same result as the final one.

Out of those rolls, take the one that benefits the person with this race the most (either doing them least damage or enemy most damage).

So for example:

Attacker has this race, defender has soldiers. Both have boosts, 8 soldiers against 8 soldiers

First battle: 24 vs. 38 (att boost kicks in). If there were no boosts, attacker would lose and defender drained to 6.
Second battle: 36 vs. 28 (def boost kicks in). If there were no more boosts, attacker would win but be drained to 5.
Third Battle: 22 vs. 44 (no boosts left). Attacker would lose and defender would be drained to 7.

Normally, the third battle would take effect, the attacker would go to 1 and the defender to 7. However, since the attacker is using this race, the first battle, which did more attrition damage to the defender, takes effect instead. The attacker still loses, but it is as if it were 24 vs 38, and the defender goes down to 6 units instead of 7.

----------------------------
@Calleharnemark In HC it would not do anything.

You summed it up mostly correct, I think, but the outcome is only more devastating to the one without the race.
Ratburntro44

Postby Joshua » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 pm

So it reduces your losses or increases theirs, depending on who won?
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Next

Return to Feature requests