Highlight Feature

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Highlight Feature

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 am

Suggesting a Highlight or Mark feature be added.

On some large maps when you are attempting to describe which space you are referring to - sometimes it is difficult for the other player to know which space it is.

The Highlight feature would allow you right click (or somehow select) one space and it would be highlighted for all to see.

You could then say - "hit him with that 8" or "place a shield on your marked 1!"

Could be particularly useful on the largest maps.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Re: Highlight Feature

Postby techgump » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 am

+1, though this could be used excessively during an opponents turn and be distracting if a bunch of users start flashing properties all over the map.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby magves » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am

techgump wrote:+1, though this could be used excessively during an opponents turn and be distracting if a bunch of users start flashing properties all over the map.

agree with tech.
I think some people would just use it to be annoying and try to disturb other players game.

what would next request be? A mute button for highlighting properties?
magves

Postby techgump » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

what would next request be? A mute button for highligting properties?

lol, exactly
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby BetaGen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

This feature would have 1 awesome bonus - you could show your intentions on the next move so basically you wouldn't have to ally then, but rather show what you do and get some time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3jnW2kcUs
IT IS TIME YOU
( •_•)
( •_•)⤺⫭■-■
(⫭■_■)
MAKE A DONATION
*YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH*
http://www.advizenow.com/
BetaGen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 am

magves wrote:
techgump wrote:+1, though this could be used excessively during an opponents turn and be distracting if a bunch of users start flashing properties all over the map.

agree with tech.
I think some people would just use it to be annoying and try to disturb other players game.

I agree with the concerns - My thought was that you would be limited to one during the map- so you would have to choose carefully - you couldn't keep doing it throughout the game. Perhaps you could further limit it so you could only do it during your turn so it would not interfere with anyone else.
BeatlesFan

Postby techgump » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 am

I am for the idea... but it does need to be worked out in some fashion where it does not distract. I like the limitation factor.
Maybe like boosts (even to the point of being purchasable with shards/coin) where you can have X max amount per game.
techgump

Postby magves » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:
magves wrote:

agree with tech.

I agree with the concerns - My thought was that you would be limited to one during the map- so you would have to choose carefully - you couldn't keep doing it throughout the game. Perhaps you could further limit it so you could only do it during your turn so it would not interfere with anyone else.

If you have some kind of limitation and just can use it inside your turn, i see no problem. But then again, if you just can use the highlightning feature during your turn, wouldn´t you loose the feature itself? Was not the idea to be able to highlight a region when it´s not your turn? Like, "don´t go there "highlight" i will move there next turn?
magves

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

I just realized that this is post Number 1000 for me.

So I thought I would go back to my very first post on the forum and say "What a Noob!"

At least, somewhat to my credit - my first post got a +1 from Techgump :D
BeatlesFan

Postby visigoth » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:08 am

I like this idea +1
visigoth

Next

Return to Feature requests