[FORUM] Posts Per Day Limit

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: [FORUM] Posts Per Day Limit

Postby attackbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 am

Joshua wrote:I think there needs to be a limit to the number of posts you can make in a day, or places where it doesn't count.

I'd say that within the "Vortex Wars" and "Clans" forums you have a limit of 20 posts per day, and in the "Off-Topic" section it doesn't count to your overall number of posts, because I know you can do that. They do it on the one Rat doesn't like me to mention.

Yes Fang, yes Autumn, AND ATTACKBOMB this means you.

fixed it :D
Everyone prepare for the giant muffin coming to our planet.
attackbomb

Postby Lopdo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:15 am

I think there needs to be a limit to the number of posts you can make in a day, or places where it doesn't count.

I'd say that within the "Vortex Wars" and "Clans" forums you have a limit of 20 posts per day, and in the "Off-Topic" section it doesn't count to your overall number of posts, because I know you can do that. They do it on the one Rat doesn't like me to mention.

Yes Fang, yes Autumn, this means you.

heh, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night :) Not sure if it's possible tho :/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Vortex_Master » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:
Fangfallen wrote:This is coming from Joshua. One of the highest posters. Most active topic is a forum game. I see how it is.

Seriously, you're right. If you're going to bother someone about his post count, don't let your most active topic be forum games. :roll:

He has the fifth highest number of posts. By the way, most people on here with a decent amount of posts have a fairly good chuck of their posts from Forum Games. Even those whose majority of posts do not come from Forum Games. (Unless you are Lopdo, then you have 0 posts in Forum Games and Clans.)

But I am with jwl1000 on this one. I believe post count doesn't actually matter, and if we limited it to just VW and Clans, Wolf would still have the most posts.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby Joshua » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Fangfallen wrote:This is coming from Joshua. One of the highest posters. Most active topic is a forum game. I see how it is.

I'm a highest poster because of how long I've been posting. Since 4th January you made 1291 posts, which is 1291 posts in 191 days. I've made basically 3000 in 700 days. Over the time I posted in that forum game, 70-something posts is acceptable. My most active forum is still General Discussion.

Lopdo wrote:
I think there needs to be a limit to the number of posts you can make in a day, or places where it doesn't count.

Yes Fang, yes Autumn, this means you.

heh, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night :) Not sure if it's possible tho :/

Exactly.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Don't misinterpret me here, but the arguably most respected player on this site, Highlander, has 70% of all his posts in forum games. If spamming is a problem, forum games would be the first place I'd look. Nothing against you forum gamers, but there's practically no content to your posts there beyond cheap entertainment.

Now, I'm admitting it, I have over 800 posts there, which is about the same number I have for the Wolfpack thread. That's only 17% of my posts though. I also have 21% in General Discussion, 26% in clans, and 18% in Off-topic. That means there are THREE areas for me where I have more posts than forum games. And given that almost all of those forum games posts are from a while back, I think I'm fine.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Lopdo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:the arguably most respected player on this site, Highlander

wait, what? Did I miss something?

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Lopdo wrote:
Autumnwolf17 wrote:the arguably most respected player on this site, Highlander

wait, what? Did I miss something?

He's got the level. We're talking overall respect, I realize there are noobs who are jealous and bother him, but most of us respect him a lot for being so very good at the game. If you're talking about yourself, sure, we respect you, but if you ask the average fellow in the game who made it, they don't know.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Lopdo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:22 pm

no, I am not talking about myself, I know everybody respects me even if they don't know about it :D
I just thought that almost nobody likes him very much because he tends to be impulsive and insult everyone around him (no offense intended)

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Lopdo wrote:no, I am not talking about myself, I know everybody respects me even if they don't know about it :D
I just thought that almost nobody likes him very much because he tends to be impulsive and insult everyone around him (no offense intended)

No, it's only the new players who get into fights with him that don't like him, plus occasionally one of the older players. But it's all about combined respect, and most of us respect him a lit (plus the practical worship he gets from the rest of the new players).
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby calleharnemark » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Lopdo wrote:no, I am not talking about myself, I know everybody respects me even if they don't know about it :D

This is exactly why you need to spend more time in the game.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests