~Roll 26~ RtD: Illysia (II)

Would like to play any of all those popular forum games? This is place for you then

Re: Roll to Dodge: Illysia (II)

Postby neoexdeath » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Alright, what about this: Flame Blast: Deal high damage to an enemy and has low chance to inflict burns to them. It's completely absorbed by fire elementals. Uses high amounts of energy.

I don't know about the numerical values tho, since our character sheet does not include stuff like HP, MP or weapons damage. I think the "high" thing should be a multiplier to the base magic damage that the weapon gives.
thetoppestkek wrote:shut up, katana collection
neoexdeath

Postby guineazilla » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 am

Well the game works with dice and rolls. You don't get hp or mp but instead you have major actions and effects which will lessen the impact of your attacks and lower your defense. And those effects eventually kill you. So basically each tier is-1, -2, ect. That decreases your total roll.
~ I cannot be loved
So set me free~
The Unofficial Official Vortex Wars 2 Chat!
Go dance with an Angel!
guineazilla

Location: Mountanious regions in South America from Chile to Argentina

Postby neoexdeath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:16 pm

... as I said, it's waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too complicated. At least the last one had a reasonable number of stats (hp, mp, dodge rates against different attacks, stagnant defense etc.) that were affected by a dice roll.
I don't even know what to make out of this one, even thought I read the main page like three times.
neoexdeath

Postby guineazilla » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Okay, so I'll try to explain this as simply as possible.

The host, (me) will start the round, and give you all the information you need to know about the happenings, as well as a map ally/enemy information. The player will then post his/her action pertaining to a round. The player may have two major actions unless a weapon or ability states otherwise. Major actions are attacks, reloading weaponry, and so on, while minor actions are walking, or chest opening. When a player or NPC attacks, two dice will be rolled. One for the attacker, and one for the defender. You want your dice to be higher than the other persons. So you will get stats, which augment the dice roll to make it higher or lower. These stats come in the form of stats given by equipment, conditions, and abilities. For example you may have a longsword with +1 power, -1 dodge. Power is antiparry, so you get +1 if you attack an enemy that parries. If you have to defend, and choose to dodge, because of that sword being equipped, you will get -1 to your roll. If you succeed in an attack (have a higher die roll) you will either kill your opponent, or injure him/her. If you lose (have a lower die roll) a defense, you will either die or obtain a condition that will effect your future die roll. Then you have active and passive abilities. Active abilities can be magic attacks, special weapon attacks, physical attacks, magic defense, special defense, a buff to yourself or an ally, ect. These will be activated when you wish and once they have gone on for a set amount of turns they will cool down for a set amount of turns before you can use them again. Passive Abilities are either always on or activate after a certain criteria has been fulfilled (such as 5 headshots in a row activates an ability which gives you increased accuracy). Passive abilities are usually buffs.
~ I cannot be loved
So set me free~
Go dance with an Angel!
guineazilla

Postby neoexdeath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Alright, that's much better.

Now, about my ability:

Flame Blast: Deal high (has higher chance to kill I guess) damage to an enemy and has low chance to inflict burns to them (if they survive). Doesn't do anything against pure fire elementals (not those who have fire as subelement). Has three charges that float around the demon's head, each charge takes one turn to cool down (it only cools down if I do anything else other than using this ability). 3 range.

So... how does this sound?
neoexdeath

Postby guineazilla » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:05 pm

This?
Flame Blast (+2 power, -1 speed, 10% chance to inflict burns. Can be used 3 times before a 1 turn cooldown. Does not do damage to fire elementals, Range: 3.)
~ I cannot be loved
So set me free~
Go dance with an Angel!
guineazilla

Postby neoexdeath » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:54 am

Yeah, that. I hope it's not too op.
neoexdeath

Postby guineazilla » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 am

Game will begin this Momday, or when the night after another player has signed up.
~ I cannot be loved
So set me free~
Go dance with an Angel!
guineazilla

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:22 am

Name: Soon Todai
Race: Tekahenalic
Faction: Surface
Element (1 only): Rage
Inventory (2 max. Keep in mind that you get a 'character pack', which gives you the basic items required, such as a wallet, radios, a map, ect.): Broadsword, Shotgun
--
(2 total for the following. Total number of items in slots must not exceed 2.)
Head: 1
Neck: 1
Torso: 1
Back: 1
Arm -Left and Right
Hand-Left and Right:
Fingers 1-10: 10
Waist: 42
Leg -Left: -Right: YES
Feet -Left: -Right: YES
Weapon 1:Broadsword
Weapon 2:Shotgun
--
Active Ability: (1 only): Climbing
Passive Ability (1 only): Smells like cheesecake
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby neoexdeath » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:35 pm

New passive ability!

Verdant Spheres (each Flame Blast cast adds +1 power and +1 speed to the next Fire skill used (excluding Flame Blast). Stacks 5 times, all stacks are removed after using a Fire skill (except for Flame Blast).)

So basically each flame blast I cast adds a charge that stacks with itself five times, giving my next Fire attack a whooping +5 power and speed bonus, making a kill almost guaranteed. Also, take note that Flame Blast only produces these charges, they don't benefit in any form from them, nor depleting them.
Last edited by neoexdeath on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
neoexdeath

PreviousNext

Return to Forum games