BeatlesFan's Top Ten List

Would like to play any of all those popular forum games? This is place for you then

Re: BeatlesFan's Top Ten List

Postby Fangfallen » Sun May 25, 2014 5:10 am

Eragon
Spoiler: show
Eragon is actually a cycle of 4 books, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. I absolutely love this series, and have read it 43 times over. (On read 44 right now.)The book is based in the fantasy land of Alagaësia. The majority of Alagaësia is ruled by the evil King and Dragon Rider Galbatorix. Eragon is a 15 year old farmboy who lives with his Uncle Garrow, and his cousin Roran as his parents are dead to the best of his knowledge. He goes out hunting for his family when the times get rough, as he is a very experienced hunter. One day, while he is hunting a young deer for food before the winter hits there is a giant explosion and a bluish stone appears in the middle of the clearing. This stone later proves to be a dragon egg. The egg hatches and a baby dragon emerges, Eragon becomes one of the fabled dragon riders. He is faced with a difficult decision and journey. He must either flee to the Varden (A band of rebels, striving to dethrone the king and bring back peace, or join the evil king.

It is very difficult for me to describe the story without giving any spoilers, but I assure you it is VERY good. The first book was written by Christopher Paoloni when he was just 15 years old, and it is very well done. These are thick books, so only dare to read the epic if you are a lover of books.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun May 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Fangfallen wrote:Eragon
Eragon is actually a cycle of 4 books, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. I absolutely love this series, and have read it 43 times over. (On read 44 right now.)The book is based in the fantasy land of Alagaësia. The majority of Alagaësia is ruled by the evil King and Dragon Rider Galbatorix. Eragon is a 15 year old farmboy who lives with his Uncle Garrow, and his cousin Roran as his parents are dead to the best of his knowledge. He goes out hunting for his family when the times get rough, as he is a very experienced hunter. One day, while he is hunting a young deer for food before the winter hits there is a giant explosion and a bluish stone appears in the middle of the clearing. This stone later proves to be a dragon egg. The egg hatches and a baby dragon emerges, Eragon becomes one of the fabled dragon riders. He is faced with a difficult decision and journey. He must either flee to the Varden (A band of rebels, striving to dethrone the king and bring back peace, or join the evil king.

It is very difficult for me to describe the story without giving any spoilers, but I assure you it is VERY good. The first book was written by Christopher Paoloni when he was just 15 years old, and it is very well done. These are thick books, so only dare to read the epic if you are a lover of books.

This thread will be all about the compelling case that each player makes for their pick. You are now in the Number One spot. Well done!
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Drone6o3 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:28 pm

http://www.thekeepersww3.com/
I'm just going to leave this here...
Drone6o3

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon May 26, 2014 3:43 am

Drone6o3 wrote:http://www.thekeepersww3.com/
I'm just going to leave this here...

Okay. For now that gets you to #5 on the list.
BeatlesFan

Postby Ratburntro44 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Theme of 1984:
Ain't no party like Big Brother's party cuz Big Brother's party don't stop.
Ratburntro44

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri May 30, 2014 4:04 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:1984

Theme of 1984:
Ain't no party like Big Brother's party cuz Big Brother's party don't stop.

Congrats: You just passed yourself on the list.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 pm

The Ruins of Gorlan

This first book of the Ranger's Apprentice series is staged in an old country in the old days of knights and vikings. A fifteen year-old boy named Will, who is an orphan and a ward of the fiefdom, is preparing for his Choosing Day when he will meet the Craftsmasters to ask a position in the trade. When his day arrives, no one will have him. He is short, skinny, and slightly ignorant. Will's wish to become a pupil of the Battlemaster is denied as well as his second request to work with the Horsemaster. He goes to bed that night curious about a piece of paper that is handed to the Baron, who helps children in Will's condition, by the mysterious Ranger Halt. When he tries to read the paper by snooping into the Baron's study, he is apprehended by the Ranger. The Ranger decides to take Will on as an apprentice because of Will's capabilities to sneak around quietly and unseen. He soon finds out that the Rangers are a very secretive group of law enforcers. He gets his own pony, bow, and some knives to defend himself. Suddenly, reports of strange deaths and beasts reach the Rangers' ears. Halt, Will, and another Ranger named Gilan hunt out the strange creatures who are responsible for the deaths. When the creatures are found, Halt and a knight are injured, Gilan is far behind, the baron is hypnotized, and Will alone is standing uninjured. To find out what he does, read the book!
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:The Ruins of Gorlan

This first book of the Ranger's Apprentice series is staged in an old country in the old days of knights and vikings. A fifteen year-old boy named Will, who is an orphan and a ward of the fiefdom, is preparing for his Choosing Day when he will meet the Craftsmasters to ask a position in the trade. When his day arrives, no one will have him. He is short, skinny, and slightly ignorant. Will's wish to become a pupil of the Battlemaster is denied as well as his second request to work with the Horsemaster. He goes to bed that night curious about a piece of paper that is handed to the Baron, who helps children in Will's condition, by the mysterious Ranger Halt. When he tries to read the paper by snooping into the Baron's study, he is apprehended by the Ranger. The Ranger decides to take Will on as an apprentice because of Will's capabilities to sneak around quietly and unseen. He soon finds out that the Rangers are a very secretive group of law enforcers. He gets his own pony, bow, and some knives to defend himself. Suddenly, reports of strange deaths and beasts reach the Rangers' ears. Halt, Will, and another Ranger named Gilan hunt out the strange creatures who are responsible for the deaths. When the creatures are found, Halt and a knight are injured, Gilan is far behind, the baron is hypnotized, and Will alone is standing uninjured. To find out what he does, read the book!

I've read that also!! How far along are you in the series?
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:The Ruins of Gorlan

Very compelling! You have earned the #3 slot. Well done.
BeatlesFan

Postby chris1726354 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:57 pm

I've read hundreds of books, and my very favorite among them is Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind and its sequel A Wise Man's Fear.

My name is Kvothe.

"I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

You may have heard of me."

Another favorite of mine is the one I read last week: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey

This book isn't a novel, but it's full of inspiring messages. I recommend this book to everyone, not only teenagers.

"Your life doesn't just 'happen.' Whether you know it or not, it is carefully designed by you. The choices, after all, are yours. You choose happiness. You choose sadness. You choose decisiveness. You choose ambivalence. You choose success. You choose failure. You choose courage. You choose fear. Just remember that every moment, every situation, provides a new choice. And in doing so, it gives you a perfect opportunity to do things differently to produce more positive results."

https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/7habits-habit1.php
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

PreviousNext

Return to Forum games