BeatlesFan's Top Ten List

Would like to play any of all those popular forum games? This is place for you then

BeatlesFan's Top Ten List

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

This is BeatlesFan's Top Ten List.

This is where I pick a topic and you post, trying to get the top spot on the list.

After I announce a topic, you post your best answer and a reason, trying to convince me to pick yours as the top of the list.

After you post, I will add your nomination onto the list where I think it belongs. If you are not at the top, you can continue to try to convince me to move your selection higher on the list, trying for the top spot.

I will announce a new topic and place your answers on the list. Each list ends 2 days after we have 10 items on the list. This will give you a chance to add to your case for moving your selection to the top.

So - The first Top Ten list is:

What is the greatest movie ever?

Please give ONE answer and a convincing reason why it is the best.

After you are on the list as long as someone else posts a nomination after you - you can submit another item. Players are limited to a maximum of 3 nominations in each round.
Last edited by BeatlesFan on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Re: BeatlesFan's Top Ten List

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Top Ten Greatest Books of All Time:

1) Eragon (Fangfallen)
2) Three Musketeers (Ozserf)
3) The Ruins of Golan (GivinUDaHimelik)
4) The Name of the Wind (Chris1726354)
5) Glue (British Bulldog)
6) 1984 (Ratburntro44)
7) Space (Ratburntro44)
8) The Keepers (Drone6o3)
9)
10)

1) Star Wars (Highlander)
2) Noah (Happiness)
3) JAWS (Highlander)
4) Taker(Ryankill)
5) Animal House (Highlander)
6) Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (GivinUDaHimelik)
7) The Matrix (Ozserf)
8) Snowpiercer (Happiness)
9) Jurassic Park (Guineazilla)
10) Stargate (Fangfallen)
Last edited by BeatlesFan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 19 times in total.
BeatlesFan

Postby highlander » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am

JAWS.
jaws.jpg

With a few seconds of this tune you knew something dreadful will happen.Even today that tune sends shivers up peoples spines.This one film accounted for a mass slaughter of sharks and a beach frenzy for safety precautions.A sudden black shadow or tail-fin caused panic on beaches, most were harmless basking sharks,dolphins,migration of fish.
As for the film itself, it kept you on the edge of your seat when-ever near the water.As for the three main charactors played by , Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw, i don't think Steven Spielberg could have picked better to get the inter-action between them for the actors in-put into the film.
Roy Scheider as Chief Brody has the best classic line;

You're going to need a bigger boat.

That line was also improvised by Roy Scheider.

The film also tells a true story about the U.S.S. INDIANAPOLIS.
Last edited by highlander on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:26 am

highlander wrote:JAWS.

With a few seconds of this tune you knew something dreadful will happen.Even today that tune sends shivers up peoples spines.This one film accounted for a mass slaughter of sharks and a beach frenzy for safety precautions.A sudden black shadow or tail-fin caused panic on beaches, most were harmless basking sharks,dolphins,migration of fish.
As for the film itself, it kept you on the edge of your seat when-ever near the water.As for the three main charactors played by , Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw, i don't think Steven Spielberg could have picked better to get the inter-action between them for the actors in-put into the film.
Roy Scheider as Chief Brody has the best classic line;

You're going to need a bigger boat.

That line was also improvised by Roy Scheider.

The film also tells a true story about the U.S.S. INDIANAPOLIS.

We are off to an excellent start. I like your strong, compelling reasoning. You are now in the top spot. It will take quite a bit to match the high standard you have set.

I also love this movie. It is a classic. You did a great job with this one.

Thanks!
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:38 pm

I have a question. Do TV shows count, or must we select a feature length film?
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Fangfallen wrote:I have a question. Do TV shows count, or must we select a feature length film?

This list is of the Top Ten Movies of all time - You can submit anything that you think fits into that category.
BeatlesFan

Postby guineazilla » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Jurassic Park, the whole series. If I had to choose one it'd be the third, which I watched first.
The movie is every dinosaur enthusiast's dream, and nightmare. Wonderfully suspenseful, terrorizing and peaceful at different times, each scene leaves you waiting for the next, and each movie leaves you hoping for another. And the music! Wonderful as well, adds so much to the atmosphere. A truly unforgettable movie read the books too! Bear with me, this is the only time I get to be so flashy.
~ I cannot be loved
So set me free~
The Unofficial Official Vortex Wars 2 Chat!
Go dance with an Angel!
guineazilla

Location: Mountanious regions in South America from Chile to Argentina

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
It's the second movie in a trilogy (the 3rd isn't actually out yet) in which Sherlock tries to defeat the evil Professor Moriarty. With sinister plots, world powers go at each others throats to become dominant. Moriarty fuels the fire with weapons and assassinations gaining dominance himself. There are many areas in the movie where you can see what Holmes is thinking and visualizing. The movie ends with a one on one battle between Moriarty and Holmes. Watch the first movie to get an idea what the second is all about!
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 am

Thanks for the input. I have updated the list to include the latest.

So far I have seen all of these movies. I like all of them.

I would probably rate Jurassic Park just higher than the second Sherlock Holmes (but just barely, these are both excellent picks!). However, this Forum Game will be heavily influenced by your arguments in favor of your movie. So, here is how I rate the cases you made for your picks:

Highlander still has made the best statement for his choice. For the next two, it is almost a complete tie - I give the slightest edge to GivinUDaHimelik's argument.

The new order is up.

Anyone else can add ONE new movie to the list (along with your explanation).

The players that have already contributed can also try to strengthen your argument if you would like to try to move your choice higher up the list.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:42 am

Please check the first post for a rule change. Players may now submit more than one nomination per round.

Here is the new rule:

After you are on the list as long as someone else posts a nomination after you - you can submit another item. Players are limited to a maximum of 3 nominations in each round.
BeatlesFan

Next

Return to Forum games