Let's play a board game: Outwitters

Would like to play any of all those popular forum games? This is place for you then

Let's play a board game: Outwitters

Postby necrocat219 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi all! I have a fun challenge for you, as we can't play my favorite game together as it is on the iPod, I thought it would be fun to play a game against you all here! As I'm experienced in the game, I think it's fair to say that I will play against you all!

Current Turn

Rules:

-This is how the board layout starts off: You get to make the first move and you are blue:

-To win the game, you have to kill my base, which has 5hp.

-At the start of each turn, you gain 5 resources called 'wits'. These will be used to create units, and it costs 1 wit to move a unit and 1 wit to attack with a unit.

-There are two special hex's, Spawn spaces and grey Wit spaces: you can spawn one unit from the spawn space each turn if you have enough wits and move and attack with it that turn. The spaces with light bulbs on are wit spaces, you can change them to your own colour by landing on them, and they grant +1 wit at the start of the turn i.e. 5 income + 1 bonus wit = 6.

-There are 3 terrain types: Flat, which can be moved on normally, blocks which are impassable terrain that can't be stepped on and snipers can't shoot through and holes which are the same as blocks but snipers can shoot through.

-Each turn, every unit can make 1 attack and 1 movement. Units can't move through each other. They can be done in any order. A unit attacks by standing next to another, unless it's the sniper, which has a range of 3 hexes, or a medic which heals an ally unit.

Making Commands

Feel free to discuss what you think would be a good move, if there is a general agreed consensus as to a particular action to make, then I will take that as the move. If there is a disagreement then I will go with whom may seem the majority, feel free to pm each other to keep your tactics hidden! Please list your commands like this:

1.Create runner I5
2.Move runner I5 to E7
3.Move Heavy G7 to E8
End turn

Here is the map with the different hex co-ordinates:

Units:

Runner

Cost: 1 Wit
Health: 1
Moves: 5 Spaces
Attack: 1 Damage

Super fast, providing plenty of coverage across the battlefield. It's as weak as it is cheap.

Soldier

Cost: 2 Wits
Health: 3
Moves: 3 Spaces
Attack: 2 Damage

A balance of speed, power and durability.

Medic

Cost: 2 Wits
Ability: Boost Ally

Boost it's friends to max health +1. The extra point makes a big difference in a fight.

Sniper

Cost: 3 Wits
Moves: 1 Space
Shoot: 3 Damage

Deadly from a distance. Can hit any target within 3 spaces, firing over pits and friends, but not though barriers and enemies.

Heavy

Cost: 4 Wits
Health: 4
Moves: 2 Spaces
Attack: 3 Damage

The most durable unit. It's incredibly powerful, but can't move very far.

Mobiwhale

Cost: 7 Wits
Health: 2
Ability: Teleports

Teleports any ally to an open space beside it. Teleportees can attack, but can't be moved until next turn.

Scrambler

Ability: Brainwash

Converts any enemy into a teammate, permanently. Brainwashing reduces victim to 1 health. Can move and attack the same turn, and can be healed by a medic.

Bombshell

Special: Transform

Transforms into a cannon, adding 2 points of amour to it's health that absorb damage. It can bomb any target within 3 spaces on the next turn.Direct hits deal 3 damage, and all surrounding enemies take 1. Unshell to move again, if you have not moved.
Last edited by necrocat219 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Re: Let's play a board game: Outwitters

Postby necrocat219 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Rule fixes:

*Soldier was meant to have 3 health, fixed for anyone who read.
*Units can move through each other
Last edited by necrocat219 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby chris1726354 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Medic->e8

Heavy->f6

Soldier->i2

Runner->j1

Wits: 0
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby necrocat219 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:37 pm

1. Medic D4
2. Medic Heals Heavy up to 5 hp
3. Heavy G2

Blue Wits: 0
Red Wits: 2+6=8

G2 Heavy has 5 HP

The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby jwl1000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:06 am

interesting, though i'd rather play the real thing than just say what i want to do
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Return to Forum games