Merry Christmas!

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Merry Christmas!

Postby Robomajor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:14 am

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you've all been staying well.

These last couple years have been pretty great for me actually, I've gotten to do a lot of work on myself. Also started college this fall (third attempt, but I am optimistic this time because of significant improvements in mental health) and hoping to major in either media arts or game design. Already read some text books on my own time and learned Unity/done a few projects so progress has been made.

The game I mostly moved on to is Hearthstone and I've seen some mild competitive success (I played in the masters tour). Mostly just care about Hearthstone and school right now and that's enough for me. :)

Kind of crazy to think I met some of you when I was 16 and I am 24 now. I bet a lot has changed in that time. How have you guys been? I mostly go by xKumei now btw.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Re: Merry Christmas!

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:42 am

Game design huh? Maybe develop a Vortex Wars 3 in the future? ;)

Personally, I've been good. Made it into optometry school this fall at THE Ohio State University, so spending most of my time working through the 28 credit hours assigned this semester. Haven't really checked out any other games since the death of VW, mostly due to the lack of free time on my hands. Outside of school, worked on some home improvement projects (redid the bathroom, family room and most of the basement of the family home over the past year).

Sending my best wishes to everyone and Happy Holidays!
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Re: Merry Christmas!

Postby OGH_MaGmA » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 am

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you're all doing well, and it's been such a long time since I've chatted with any of you!

Damn, it's crazy to think I've also played this game when I was around 16-17 and I'm now 25.

Glad to hear you're doing well, Robo! Great luck on your schooling, we believe in you! I'm really glad to hear that your mental health is greatly improved. Mental health is always important to keep up with! Best of luck with what you pursue!

Awesome Hime! Nice to hear you're doing well, albeit it sounds like you're quite busy haha. I hope you have time to relax this holiday, and hope your schooling goes well! Home improvements sound quite enjoyable actually, I hardly change anything around my place, it's quite stagnant.

I've been doing stage setup these last years, although with Covid that has been a lot more difficult. I was doing jobs off and on during covid, however setting up shows and arenas is what I really enjoy. Now events are slowly starting back up and I'm back into doing shows and arenas. Going to be setting up for the IIHF World Junior Championship, if anyone is interested in Hockey. I'm hoping more concerts and such start up, although I understand why these things have been a lot less frequent.

I hope you're all healthy and safe, and have wonderful holidays and a happy new year!
Dog, huh?             I LOVE DOGS
OGH_MaGmA

Return to General discussion