Vortex Wars is shutting down - Players Comments

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Vortex Wars is shutting down - Players Comments

Postby fluppa » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Vortex Wars is shutting down
Postby Lopdo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:20 am

Hey folks,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like your beloved VW is on its death bed. Multiplayer service I have been using for VW (Player.IO) has been sold once again and new owner doesn't play as nice as the old one. Previously, I was able to keep the game running for free, since it was small and didn't have too many users. New owner's pricing plans however require at least $500/month to keep the game running, which I just can't justify. It would be hard sell even in the golden age of VW couple years ago. And no, new user or new content or new version won't help at all, this is just too much.

I am not sure what exactly will happen and when it will happen, but I expect they will shut me down within month, so if the game suddenly stop working (more than usual) than the day has probably come. I am not going to pull the plug myself unless I have to, to keep you guys playing for as long as possible.

Thanks for all you did for me, for the game and for the community. It has been one hell of a ride :)

Very sorry to hear the news. WHAT Now ? No idea to keep this game going ?
If any Player has the possibilty to buy this game I guess this is the right time to make Lopdo an offer....
fluppa

Re: Vortex Wars is shutting down - Players Comments

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:36 pm

I don't want to lose contact with my friends here, now is the time for our little group to find another game to play together.

Right now I'm playing Clash of Queens. It's sorta like Grepolis.

Here is the link http://ba.elexapp.com/coq/share/index.php?code=25e2b90f4fa8b.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm

This is pretty much the only game I play online. Would the forums still be alive even if the game disappears? Would the game still work on AG? I would also suggest everyone check out Par4p's solution to using the main site, it might still work after the game disappears.

To keep in touch, we could still use the forum site Ratburn set up last time the game shut down: Rat's Temporary Forum. Of course, it's full of garbage, but I"m sure it can be cleaned up or something. Or someone who knows about this stuff could set up a new forum.

EDIT: I just remembered that I occasionally play Shell Shock Live 2 on ArmorGames. It's not as fun as VW2 (obviously), but it's alright til we find something else to play.

Another EDIT: We could use the Chatzy page for communication as well. VW Chatzy
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:21 pm

I also suggest that everyone save every forum page they want to keep in Notepad or some other similar software. If we set up another forums to keep in touch, you might want those pages.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby neoexdeath » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:58 pm

I don't want to lose touch with you guys either, so I suppose I'll simply go with the flow. Although I do recommend we temporarily move on SSL2, I played the game myself and it's quite enjoyable, in my opinion.
thetoppestkek wrote:shut up, katana collection
neoexdeath

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:01 am

And in the end, the shop was never changed off of Christmas mode. I don't even remember how many Christmases ago that was originally for at this point.
Ratburntro44

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:08 am

I went to the hosting site and it has this message:

"We have sold this service to The Games Platform Company. Your games will automatically be transferred over and the Yahoo Games Backend Services will cease on or about May 9, 2016. Please visit our FAQ for more information, or email [email protected] if you have specific questions. "
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:40 am

Having been a moderator for some time, I have learned a lot. There was once a time when I was dying to know the identities of everyone in OOS and also the alts of several key players. It was quite a mystery, at least to me. I am not revealing anything about anyone else, but would be kind of nice to get some closure on a few alts if anyone wants to reveal themselves.

I don't have any more secrets. I just posted that I was also Test Drive in game, but nobody would care about that. That was just an account for having fun without being logged in as a moderator. I also made the forum only account "Thanksgiving" to post holiday messages a few times.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby >(FM)< » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:28 am

Well there it is, the thing that ruined my breakfast :lol: ....

And BF I feel like I have played against you on that account before too...
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:23 pm

I was just looking at the pricing lists for The Games Platform Company; I'm surprised VW2 falls under the $500 range, although I'm not even sure what half that stuff means. Check it out: http://gamesplatform.co/pricing.htm

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Next

Return to General discussion