Dumped

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Dumped

Postby Vortex_Master » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:28 pm

So, I had a lunch date with my girlfriend of two and a half years earlier today. Little did I know that that would be the last time in the foreseeable future that I would have a girlfriend. After I had finished my sandwich she told me that she hadn't asked me to come just for small talk and whatnot, and that she had something to talk about and to please let her finish before saying anything. I listened silently in concerned anticipation. She started talking about how she felt that we were growing apart and that we haven't been as happy as we have been in the past and we've been getting in little arguments over nothing and that the relationship has been putting a lot of stress on her with it being senior year and that she does not want to be my sole source of happiness and that she loves me, but that she thought we needed to break up. I ask several questions and she said that if I need time and space that she is willing to give it, but she wants to remain friends and that she would consider giving us another go in the future, but that we are officially over. She is my best friend. I let her know that. Everything is going to be hard, but I hope everything works out and we can get back together. I will remain hopeful. I love her. I love her so much. I'm so confused and conflicted. I guess I'm posting this here because I crave empathy and advice, and maybe because I may not be around as often as I was planning because I... I don't know...
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Re: Dumped

Postby highlander » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Vortex_Master, asking for empathy on a flash game could get many responses , some good - some bad.

I don't know the american educational system but what i hear and see in movies its an important part that could decide which college\university you get.

But back to you heart-ache,if you feel in your heart you can win this girl back good but don't rush it.Give her the breathing space she asked for,i'm quiet sure it wasn't easy for her also.

And small petty arguements , well thats married life bud.

From choosing the kids names to picking the wallpaper.

Have fun growing up because looking back on your life can be funny.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Vortex_Master » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:06 am

Thanks highlander. :) I really appreciate your comments. I know that most relationships at this age tend not to last anyway... But I thought this was different. I am definitely going to give her space. I don't want to ruin any chances by bugging her about it. As for the small arguments, we would always come to some sort of compromise. It was sort of my rule that we needed to work things out to their finish, otherwise bad things will happen. Maybe I should've just let things go.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby >(FM)< » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:19 am

I know it's hard man... Keep your hopes up.
On those situations unless something completely drastic happens you
guys will be fine, whichever way it ends. At least she had the guts to tell you, and not just keep going like everything is fine and then stops answering your phone calls then starts spending less and less time with you and...
Well it could be a lot worse :oops: :?
POINT BEING
If you love something, let it go if it comes back... It's usually yours.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:41 am

My ex and I were together for about a year and 3 months. We were best friends as well as romantics. I truly loved her. Shit happened and she got jacked the hell up. Got into drugs and some other stuff. Started hanging out with other people, and to my knowledge, started to cheat on me. She ended it, did the whole let's be friends thing. Etc. Almost 6 months later and I am happy as hell that it's over. I cut her out of my life and I'm way better off for it.

In your case - it looks a lot more like she cares. She actually sat down with you and talked. Mine texted me. Maybe you guys just need space for awhile. Use this as an opportunity though. Find happiness with yourself and learn not to need to rely on anybody. For me, it was exercise that was my outlet. I changed my body, and in doing so changed my outlook on life.

TL;DR: Don't rely on others, love yourself and approach your relationships knowing you're self reliant enough to not live off of them.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 am

Two and a half years... that's not easy man. But, if we can look on the bright side for a second, it seems that you two separated on relatively good terms, which is better than plenty of ex-couples can claim. My advice; don't force anything. I know you may not want to, but you should try to take it easy and let her have her space. Chances are, after being with you for that long, she's got a lot of emotions to deal with as well. As you said, she's your best friend, and I imagine that relationship means a lot to both of you. I don't know if I'm the best guy to be giving relationship advice, but after seeing one of my best friends go through a rough breakup recently, I can tell you that trying to push matters along is one of the worst things to do. Granted, she... wasn't the best person for him in the first place... but the more he tried to get back together with her, the further apart they got. Mind you, I'm not saying you should ignore her completely, but take cues from her to figure out what she needs. And in a few months, if things seem to be getting better and you're both open to the possibility, maybe you can try again. :)
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Return to General discussion