Coach Himelik's Football Picks

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Coach Himelik's Football Picks

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 pm

The Coach is Always Right!

Since the NCAA Football season begins today, I thought I'd open up a predictions page. I will make a few predictions every week on great upcoming games. Feel free to make your own predictions and have some debates!

Here we go!
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Re: Coach Himelik's Football Picks

Weeks 1-6

Week One
Spoiler: show
Appalachian State @ Michigan: Contrary to what some believe, this will not be 2007 all over again. Wolverines win easy: 34-10.

#5 Ohio State @ Navy: Without Braxton Miller, the Buckeyes aren't the offensive threat they used to be but they still win by a pretty good margin: 38-13.

Arkansas @ #6 Auburn: The Razorbacks have a chance to start the season off with a flair, but will they do it? I don't think so. Auburn wins: 45-6.

#16 Clemson @ #12 Georgia: Why is Clemson even ranked? With Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins gone, they don't seem to have any offense. Georgia wins in an easier game than most expect: 27-10.

Match-up of the Week

#14 Wisconsin vs. #13 LSU: This is the toughest match-up on paper, and will be on the field. I believe that with all the freshmen that LSU has coming in, they will show inexperience at times and it will cost them the game. The Badgers will win this one in a tough fight: 24-20.

Week Two
Virginia Tech @ #8 Ohio State: The Buckeyes have another tough game after squeaking through against Navy. This game will end much the same as the Navy game. Buckeyes win: 30-13.

Akron @ Penn State: After their scare last week, the Nittany Lions have a tough Akron team coming in. Penn State has to be careful not to underrate Akron otherwise they might lose. But they win: 27-24.

#14 USC @ #13 Stanford: Two great Pac-12 teams face off in this game. Stanford is known for smart plays and defense. USC for just flat-out outscoring you. Defense wins games though, so Cardinals roll here: 38-16.

Michigan @ #16 Notre Dame: The Wolverines destroyed their last team as did the Irish. Realistically, either team here could win. But there can only be one winner and that will be Notre Dame: 41-24.

Match-up of the Week

#7 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon: Each of these teams won their last game big, so this game will come down to defense. And the MSU is known for having a great defense every year. The Spartans win over the Ducks in the mini-upset: 41-34.

Week Three
East Carolina @ #17 Virginia Tech: In Tech's first game as a ranked team this year, they play a pretty tough Pirates team. But the Hokies should win this pretty easily: 34-17.

#6 Georgia @ #24 South Carolina: After the Gamecocks miserable showing against Texas A&M I have almost no confidence in them. This is Georgia's game to lose right now, but they win: 41-13.

Iowa State @ Iowa: In-state rivalry game here. These are always exciting and this one should prove to be so. Despite the Cyclones' woeful 0-2 record in the Big 12 if the Hawkeyes go to sleep they will get jerked awake quiet rudely. But they will continue to roll, Hawkeyes win: 27-10.

#12 UCLA vs Texas: A struggling UCLA team come up against a struggling Texas. The Bruins should win this one though: 31-9.

Week Four

Virginia @ #21 BYU: Virginia is coming off an upset of Louisville last week so if I'm BYU, I not gonna underestimate them. Somehow, BYU wins this one pretty easily though: 38-20.

Mississippi State @ #8 LSU: Dak Prescott and the Bulldogs are looking to pull the upset in this one over an SEC oppponent. I'm going with my gut and saying that MissState will win in a fistfight: 27-24.

#22 Clemson @ #1 Florida State: With Winston out for the entire game, FSU looks like a team that might lose. Especially since Clemson's coming off that rout of a nobody. FSU wins anyway: 31-20.

Match-up of the Week

#5 Auburn @ #20 Kansas State: Auburn will win this one but not without some trouble: 31-27.
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Weeks 7-12
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Conference Championships
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 pm

College Football Playoff

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby mattie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:14 pm

I wish for you to switch the name to american football.Football is a different game
hi
mattie

Postby >(FM)< » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Random fact: Trojans have always been my favorite NCAA team, always played as them.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm

mattie wrote:I wish for you to switch the name to american football.Football is a different game

Your wish is not my command, sorry. If I meant soccer I would have said "Soccer" or "Futball".

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby mattie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
mattie wrote:I wish for you to switch the name to american football.Football is a different game

Your wish is not my command, sorry. If I meant soccer I would have said "Soccer" or "Futball".

But the proper term is American football
hi
mattie

Postby Guest77 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Guest77

Next

Return to General discussion