Sports Thread (Proudly sponsored by The vWo)

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Re: Sports Thread

Postby jonsteederi » Sun May 18, 2014 2:19 am

i follow Hockey and football (the one where players kick the ball instead of running whit it...its closer to handball.)
Go to teams: Finnish Hockey league: JYP, NHL Red wings or Duck's. and sad to see one Hockey legends #8 career end with 6-2 loss in game seven.
Football: As a kid i bought Arsenal #14 shirt, my favorite player Thierry Henry at the time. Nowadays i own and FC Barcelona Xavi's shirt and Bayer Munchen from Germany.
American handball... i usually check out super bowl, but don't follow the regular season.
Basketball. Rarely watch any games but go to team from NBA would be NY Knicks.
Albert Einstein wrote:You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
███████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
jonsteederi

Postby Drone6o3 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:10 pm

:geek: I just lost my GF who was really into sports (I was not) & I loved her so much.
We dated for 1 year and 5 months... and now I am angry at everything... :cry:

Point is... I'll just be over hear playing SC II, & WoT... you guys have fun with your sports...

Spoiler: show
American Football Atlanta Falcons FTW!!! in honor of my lovie... why did she have to leave me for some douche...

This is the part where you call me a Nerd :lol:
Drone6o3

Postby British Bulldog » Mon May 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Two cracking games of football on Saturday, that i'm still hungover over from (damn i'm getting old :cry:) QPR and Real Madrid both scoring late goals to break the hearts of Derby and Athletico Madrid. With club football now pretty much done we can look forward to the World Cup, not hopeful for England but we'll see. My prediction is Brazil.

Also got the Froch v Groves fight is this Saturday. This is their second match after a controversial stoppage win for Froch in the first fight. It should be a good fight and well worth a watch. Neither compare to Andre Ward for boxing skills but will definitely create an exciting match!
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon May 26, 2014 5:49 pm

San Antonio is cracking towards the NBA Finals! Too bad they'll have to play Miami Heat again due to the rigged calls for the cHeat and LeBonehead.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby British Bulldog » Mon May 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Don't know much about basketball other than Scottie Pippen was the main man on NBA Jam 96 on the SNES :D Nothing better than scoring from 'down town' in the last second!
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

Postby Joshua » Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 am

Why does everyone hate Arsenal.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Joshua wrote:Why does everyone hate Arsenal.

Because we know you like them.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Joshua » Tue May 27, 2014 7:17 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
Joshua wrote:Why does everyone hate Arsenal.

Because we know you like them.

Well that's just rude.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby >(FM)< » Tue May 27, 2014 11:43 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
>(FM)< wrote:American Football - New York Giants(Main) - Carolina Panthers (Secondary)

You think Beckham Jr. was a good pick for Giants? I mean, you need defense first, then offense. Work on your secondary then go to QB, WR, TE, RB type of guys. That's why I was happy Cleveland took Justin Gilbert because we needed another CB.

Yea, I don't agree with with it, we have way to many WR we need Eli protected first, absolutely right.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby Fangfallen » Thu May 29, 2014 1:49 am

A last-round draw completed an undefeated nine rounds for GM Alexander Morozevich at the 15th Karpov Tournament!! *Feeling excited*
The winner's final round draw was not your average early handshake affair (as opposed to round 8, when he drew with Nepomniachtchi as White in 16 moves). All results were possible with open lines everywhere.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion