The Blue Room

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Is the glass half empty or half full? (and what your outlook says about you)

Glass is half empty (pessimistic)
11%
Glass is half full (optimistic)
28%
Someone drank my water (realistic)
17%
I'll drink the rest (opportunistic)
44%
IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS!!! (neurotic)
No votes

Total votes : 18

The Blue Room

Postby royalblue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am

Welcome to Royalblue's chat thread. Keep in mind that this is only a chat thread, and while it is hosted by me, it will not be my blog or otherwise centered around me.

Off-limits topics:
Sexual or overly violent content (PG-13 at most)
Vortex Wars moderation and administration (not the users themselves, but comments about said users)
Unnecessarily long posts
Excessive correction of grammar/spelling
Going too far with an insult
Lancestar2

...And anything else I find necessary to make off limits

Original introduction: (for all interested)
Spoiler: show
Hello my friends. As I have seen many other members do, I have finally decided to create my own egotistically driven thread where I talk about things that I care about and pretend other people actually want to read them. It's like when rich people write books about their lives.

So how will this thread be run? Well, I'm not sure yet. I could always review random lists of hundreds of music videos at a time, or I could pretend it was a radio show, but that wouldn't be my thing. Instead, I'll do it like I always have, and wing it. As for why I'm doing this, it's because I realized that the highest count of my posts were in Autumn's room, and that means I would probably enjoy making my own room.

No worries on this taking up space, if I can't do what I want to here, enough new threads will come up to cover it up in a few weeks.

So, for the first feedback, does anybody have any witty names I could use for the thread? 'Blue room' sounds alright, but not quite as clever as I want. My second thought is to call it Thinkers Anynonmous, because that sounds funny. Please reply, or don't if you feel this is stupid.
Last edited by royalblue on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
I honestly don't remember why I decided to type everything in blue.
royalblue

Re: The Blue Room

Postby Joshua » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am

Blue Cross.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 am

royalblue wrote:Hello my friends. As I have seen many other members do, I have finally decided to create my own egotistically driven thread where I talk about things that I care about and pretend other people actually want to read them. It's like when rich people write books about their lives.

I love your opening line - I wish you great success with this. One lol is not enough - lol.5 for you.

Royal Digest.png
Royal Digest.png (245.43 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby royalblue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:50 am

Given that, I feel like a performance is needed. So how 'bout that airline food?

No...

Just no...

Aaaaaanyway, winging it is a surprisingly slow process. You know how when you want to say something funny and you just can't word it right? That's where I'm at right now, but sort of the opposite of that because I just want to do so much. But if I do too much, it'll be screwy, I'll be ranting like a teenage girl to her BFF, and by the time everyone leaves, I'll already be with all the others who failed to be divas with their own thread. (Hi royalblue.) Shut up.
royalblue

Postby MONGOOSEICLON » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 am

haha, i love this page already! im probably gona read everything you say cause your color font is so... idk, relaxing?? :p

(im not a creeper... i swear) :lol:
Don't hate, I'm just cool like that
MONGOOSEICLON

Postby royalblue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 am

So, let's run down what I do know are the rules. THERE ARE NONE!*

*provided that you are me.

As for the rest of you poor joes who are under the bounds of society and can't live in relative anarchy, you'll still have to follow the three major rules:

RULE ONE, RULE TWO, AND RULE THREE. ANY WHO BREAK THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO PUNISHMENT UP TO AND INCLUDING LARGER PUNISHMENT. AND AS USUAL, VIOLATORS WILL BE TRESPASSED AND TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED.
royalblue

Postby Joshua » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm

royalblue wrote:TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED.

THEN SHOT.

SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby neoexdeath » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Joshua wrote:
royalblue wrote:TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED.

THEN SHOT.

SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN.

I think that survivors SHOULD BE THROWN IN A TIGER CAGE! :twisted:
thetoppestkek wrote:shut up, katana collection
neoexdeath

Thinkers Anonynmous

Postby royalblue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:26 pm

It started out innocently enough. I began to think at parties now and then -- to loosen up. Inevitably, though, one thought led to another, and soon I was more than just a social thinker. I began to think alone -- "to relax," I told myself -- but I knew it wasn't true.

Thinking became more and more important to me, and finally I was thinking all the time. That was when things began to sour at home. One evening I had turned off the TV and asked my wife about the meaning of life. She spent that night at her mother's.

I began to think on the job. I knew that thinking and employment don't mix, but I couldn't stop myself. I began to avoid friends at lunch time so I could read Thoreau and Kafka. I would return to the office dizzied and confused, asking, "What is it exactly we are doing here?"

One day the boss called me in. He said, "Listen, I like you, and it hurts me to say this, but your thinking has become a real problem. If you don't stop thinking on the job, you'll have to find another job."

This gave me a lot to think about.

I came home early after my conversation with the boss. "Honey," I confessed, "I've been thinking ..." "I know you've been thinking," she said, "and I want a divorce!"

"But Honey, surely it's not that serious."

"It is serious," she said, lower lip aquiver. "You think as much as college professors, and college professors don't make any money, so if you keep on thinking, we won't have any money!"

"That's a faulty syllogism," I said impatiently. She exploded in tears of rage and frustration, but I was in no mood to deal with the emotional drama.

"I'm going to the library," I snarled as I stomped out the door. I headed for the library, in the mood for some Nietzsche. I roared into the parking lot with NPR on the radio and ran up to the big glass doors... They didn't open. The library was closed. To this day, I believe that a Higher Power was looking out for me that night.

As I sank to the ground, clawing at the unfeeling glass, whimpering for Zarathustra, a poster caught my eye. "Friend, is heavy thinking ruining your life?" it asked. You probably recognize that line. It comes from the standard Thinker's Anonymous poster. Which is why I am what I am today: a recovering thinker. I never miss a TA meeting.

At each meeting we watch a non-educational video; last week it was "Porky's." Then we share experiences about how we avoided thinking since the last meeting. I still have my job, and things are a lot better at home.

Life just seemed ... easier, somehow, as soon as I stopped thinking. I think the road to recovery is nearly complete for me. Today, I registered to vote Republican.
royalblue

Postby Разрушенные Мираж » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 pm

royalblue wrote:So, let's run down what I do know are the rules. THERE ARE NONE!*

*provided that you are me.

As for the rest of you poor joes who are under the bounds of society and can't live in relative anarchy, you'll still have to follow the three major rules:

RULE ONE, RULE TWO, AND RULE THREE. ANY WHO BREAK THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO PUNISHMENT UP TO AND INCLUDING LARGER PUNISHMENT. AND AS USUAL, VIOLATORS WILL BE TRESPASSED AND TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED.

Wait...... what rules? :? this is confusing...the underline parts that is.

btw; I like the blue :D
Elite Vortex Guardian Sub-Commander

Чтобы быть честным ... Я устал ... так очень очень устала .... Я не думаю, что я могу рассмотреть его больше ...

Falling into the abyss...

I suppose you can't change what you really are...
Разрушенные Мираж

Location: Somewhere, in a paradoxical dimensional time rift... in the infinite multi-dimensional universe...

Next

Return to General discussion