Large/XL maps = guaranteed stalemates.

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Large/XL maps = guaranteed stalemates.

Postby BadFurDay » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,

On large and XL maps, the game will always end up in a stalemate. The limit of 20 points resplenished per turn makes it ridiculous if you have 30 territories and your opponent 21, as you will have absolutely no advantage over him, and this +9 territory edge won't be of any help in order to beat him.

Setting the max limit of points that you can resplenish per turn to half of the total map's territory plus one (eg. 31 on a 60 tile map) would solve this problem BIG time. Getting to 20 then turtling until someone gets bored is too easy and retarded.

So far, I've had lots of fun playing the game, but had it ruined by stalemates a few times. I solve it by quitting in order not to waste a whole hour in petty random battles, but feel kinda cheated of a win when I quit with a +10 territory lead.
BadFurDay

Re: Large/XL maps = guaranteed stalemates.

Postby Lopdo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm

We are working on new map generator that should produce maps with less choking points and also new premade maps that should solve this as well
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby BadFurDay » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Hopefully this will solve part if not all of the problem, thanks for the reply.

In other to not spam a third thread, let me use this thread to make a suggestion. Once a game starts, randomize the player turns/order. I see lots of people "sharking" games from the lobby in order to enter them last, as being the last one to enter a game gives you quite an advantage. Same goes for being placed first if you have a clever mind. Randomizing the order or players before the game starts makes sure they can't abuse creating a game to pick first or sharking games to pick last.

Thanks for this fun game,
BadFurDay.
BadFurDay

Postby ZANE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 pm

You know.. there are level1stack and level2stack in shop that increase your troop purse size by +10 a piece. So theoretically you can get your troop purse up to 40troops instead of 20.

And about turn order: I think that when it comes time to make tournaments and stuff, turn order should be based on seeds. So if you do make a list order scrambler, still try to keep an option to keep list/turn order.
-ZANE
ZANE

Postby Lopdo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:33 pm

I plan to implement randomizing starting positions, but it requires quite a lot of changes in code, so I would like to make some bug fixing first before I break something again :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Return to General discussion