3 Month Meet

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

3 Month Meet

Postby Drone6o3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:46 pm

I know many of us have gotten older, many married, and everyone (for the most part) has many more responsibilities than they once had during the Golden Age of Vortex Wars. We all know that for many years, at least, Vortex Wars will not come out with a third game, or regain any of it's former glory any time soon.

We all still love this game, and passionately hold a small place in our hearts for it, yet playing a dead game is nigh impossible when it's solely a multiplayer experience. Thus I suggest we make a Calendar and coordinate amongst ourselves for a game every 3 months. If you're interested I can try to set up an online calendar with a countdown to the very second we plan on meeting. To avoid confusion with time zones I will be using Greenwich Time (00:00 Hour) which I myself do not use, so you can't call Bias. :lol:

Everything sound good? Who'd be interested?
Drone6o3

Re: 3 Month Meet

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 am

Count me in. Just saying now, Saturdays will work best like today.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Sounds good to me.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby highlander » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:31 pm

3 months seems a little much, I'd prefer monthly.Let say first saturday every month,that should get interest back in the game.

I'll be on game saturday 4th May.GMT 16:00.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 am

I definitely like the suggestion along with Highlander's recommendation to make it something like "the first Saturday of every month" instead of once every 3 months.

If you can imbed a countdown timer, that would help a lot as time zone conversions can be confusing, especially due to some countries having time changes twice a year while some do not.

Great idea!
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 pm

highlander wrote:3 months seems a little much, I'd prefer monthly.Let say first saturday every month,that should get interest back in the game.

I'm thinking that's the day my cousin is getting married, so I won't be able to make it. But if we decide to meet the first Saturday in June, I should be good to go then.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
highlander wrote:3 months seems a little much, I'd prefer monthly.Let say first saturday every month,that should get interest back in the game.

I'm thinking that's the day my cousin is getting married, so I won't be able to make it. But if we decide to meet the first Saturday in June, I should be good to go then.

Just found out I messed up the date! My cousin is getting married next week, so I can play a few games this Saturday if anyone else gets on.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby highlander » Sat May 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Well only three tonight,
GivinUDaHimelik
Vortex _ Master
Highlander.

Next date 1 / 06 / 19.British time BST 17:00.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed May 08, 2019 3:28 am

highlander wrote:Next date 1 / 06 / 19.British time BST 17:00.

Don't think I'll be able to make it that day. Pretty sure I will be out of town that weekend for work.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 pm

I plan to be available the first Saturday of July (that's the 6th) beginning at 12:00 EST (17:00 GMT) and going til no one wants to play anymore. Be there!

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Next

Return to General discussion