Vortex Wars 3 Dev Updates

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Vortex Wars 3 Dev Updates

Postby beaver » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Work has resumed on Vortex Wars 3! You can try it at https://beta.vortexwars.com/. You can use the same account you use at vortexwars.com. Please note that it is a work in progress, so there will be bugs, missing features, and data related to new features (clans, the new map editor, etc.) could be lost.

The focus for VW3 will be:
- Clans
- Tournaments
- Re-adding the map editor
- New races
- Prevent players from joining a game after being kicked from it twice
- Improve mod tools

There might be additional changes, depending on time.

What's done:
- When using the beta website, the What's New window shows the changes for each alpha and beta release.

Clans:
- 'CLANS' tab added to social window. From there, you can create, view, and join clans.
- Since clans are stored outside of PlayerIO, you can fuzzy search for a clan!
- 'MY CLAN' tab added to social window
- Founder can edit clan tag and description and dissolve the clan
- View announcement (founder can edit)
- View list of members and their profile
- Founder can kick members

Map Editor Dashboard
- All features from VW 2.4 have been re-added
- Maps are now stored outside of PlayerIO. This will allow for exciting new features to be added in the future.

Map Editor
- Work has started on the map editor

Shop content
- Holiday races and backgrounds have been removed from the shop
- Frankenstein, Werewolves, and Tannenbaums have had their bonus reduced by 5% in their description. Their bonus in-game hasn't been changed yet.
beaver

Re: Vortex Wars 3 Dev Updates

Postby Guest77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:27 pm

My account logs me in as level 1 with nothing.
Guest77

Postby highlander » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:08 pm

The spectating mode is needing up-dated ,you can press spectator but stuck in limbo.
Also some players not showing there gold for premium on beta but show it the original.

edit A: Accessing spectating mode now but can't exit.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:47 am

Hopefully it is just that it is a work in progress, but a note about the Clans part.

Ratburntro44 has a clan listed there and I was unable to find any other option besides viewing his one person clan list. Is it possible that when he created his clan, the option for anyone else to create one is now unavailable? I was unsuccessful in finding an option to either create a clan or to join his.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:22 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:Hopefully it is just that it is a work in progress, but a note about the Clans part.

Ratburntro44 has a clan listed there and I was unable to find any other option besides viewing his one person clan list. Is it possible that when he created his clan, the option for anyone else to create one is now unavailable? I was unsuccessful in finding an option to either create a clan or to join his.

I experienced the same problem last night before Ratburntro44 made his clan (I know this because it didn't appear in the clan list).

Update: I just checked and both options are now available and working.

UPDATE 2: Is there going to be an option for the leaders of the clans to not accept a new member or will they have to kick the member after they've joined?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Clan issue is resolved. It is working now.

Thanks!
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 pm

My experience both when I did it and now is that, upon switching to the "Clans" screen, the "Create" button is only available for a short moment, during which the clan list is not visible; after this moment passes, the opposite becomes true. When I made a clan, I did so by pressing the button very quickly before it disappeared.
Ratburntro44

Postby Guest77 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 am

Guest77 wrote:My account logs me in as level 1 with nothing.

Logged into an alt and stats and everything had been transferred.

Could it be due to this account having existed on ArmorGames rather than VW's main website?
Guest77

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:13 am

Guest77 wrote:

Could it be due to this account having existed on ArmorGames rather than VW's main website?

Accounts from AG have never transferred. Same goes with Kong I believe. The only accounts that transfer are those from the main site. (This is stuff Lopdo told me when he actually cared enough to check into it).
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Guest77 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:17 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
Guest77 wrote:

Accounts from AG have never transferred. Same goes with Kong I believe. The only accounts that transfer are those from the main site. (This is stuff Lopdo told me when he actually cared enough to check into it).

I remember. But with a new version coming out, now would be the time to resolve that, especially due to the fact some of these accounts have paid for bonuses/races.
Guest77

Next

Return to General discussion