Vortex Wars 3 Dev Updates

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Vortex Wars 3 Dev Updates

Postby beaver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:49 am

There have been many bug fixes and small improvements to the existing clan features. The bug with exiting a game when spectating is fixed. Also, clicking HELP during the tutorial now works. That has been broken since at least 2.5.

VW3 will work with all existing accounts. The beta will only work with vortexwars.com accounts since Kongregate and Armor Game accounts can only be used on their websites. Sorry about the inconvenience.

It would be possible to allow signing in with a vortexwars.com account on Kongregate or Armor games, and Kongregate and Armor Game accounts to add a password so they can sign in on the website. I need to do some experimentation with PlayerIO's authentication api, but adding a password might require moving accounts out of PlayerIO, which would be a lot of work and isn't a high priority right now.
beaver

Postby fluppa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for the Updates. Any idea if we can estimate VW 3 ? I mean are we talking about August 2018 or earlier ?
fluppa

Postby Reznorock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:19 am

beaver wrote:There have been many bug fixes and small improvements to the existing clan features. The bug with exiting a game when spectating is fixed. Also, clicking HELP during the tutorial now works. That has been broken since at least 2.5.

VW3 will work with all existing accounts. The beta will only work with vortexwars.com accounts since Kongregate and Armor Game accounts can only be used on their websites. Sorry about the inconvenience.

It would be possible to allow signing in with a vortexwars.com account on Kongregate or Armor games, and Kongregate and Armor Game accounts to add a password so they can sign in on the website. I need to do some experimentation with PlayerIO's authentication api, but adding a password might require moving accounts out of PlayerIO, which would be a lot of work and isn't a high priority right now.

So VW3 will basically take our accounts from armorgames/kongregate and inject them into the database of accounts when it goes up (just confirming)
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby Guest77 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Reznorock wrote:So VW3 will basically take our accounts from armorgames/kongregate and inject them into the database of accounts when it goes up (just confirming)

Also interested in the answer: if not, did we buy dragons or else for naught?
Guest77

Postby Reznorock » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm

I can already hear people pandering for a nerf on dragons even though they don't actually need it because the percentage rates really aren't much different from reptiles and arachnids and it doesnt make much of a difference. Well probably get actual OP races anyways
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 am

I don't know if you intentionally removed this feature Beaver or if it's a bug, but my territories don't light up at the sound of the bell when it's my turn in the VW3 Dev like they do in VW2. I liked the feature; it came in handy when I played without the sound.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:15 am

I have been testing out the Clan options.

Players are able to directly join clans without approval by the Clan Leader/founder. I think that is probably okay.

I do note though that while we have the ability to kick a player out of the clan, that player can then just instantly join back in on their own. Not sure if this is a final feature, but there might be a desire to kick a guy from your clan and keep him out without having to keep on kicking him out. Is there a way to put an optional reason to the kicked player so they might know why? And potentially, is there a way to keep players out? Maybe not allowing players on your own ban list to directly join?

Whether you change this or not, I am appreciative of the hard work that you have put into this.

Thanks for putting clans into the live game!
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:I have been testing out the Clan options.

Players are able to directly join clans without approval by the Clan Leader/founder. I think that is probably okay.

I do note though that while we have the ability to kick a player out of the clan, that player can then just instantly join back in on their own. Not sure if this is a final feature, but there might be a desire to kick a guy from your clan and keep him out without having to keep on kicking him out. Is there a way to put an optional reason to the kicked player so they might know why? And potentially, is there a way to keep players out? Maybe not allowing players on your own ban list to directly join?

Whether you change this or not, I am appreciative of the hard work that you have put into this.

Thanks for putting clans into the live game!

The easiest way would be to have a notification pop up telling you that someone would like to join the clan and you can either deny or accept them. I'm ok without this option, I just think some players might continuously rejoin the clan and you just have to keep kicking them.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Sincityman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:08 am

So it's finally done? No more VW?
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Sincityman wrote:So it's finally done? No more VW?

I can't get into the main site directly, but this is working: https://beta.vortexwars.com/
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion