Vortex Wars in HTML5

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Vortex Wars in HTML5

Postby strafe12 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Recently, someone told me that this game is going to be converted to HTML 5 by Beaver (which was confirmed by his post). For starters, that sounds really awesome! If it goes into HTML 5, it will run better in general, and we (according to what someone told me) will be able to play it on mobile devices. However, I am concerned about whether this is just going to be a "port" or a sequel. If it's going to be a port, it will likely drag in an okay amount of players, but it will likely quickly die down to the amount of people playing this game right now. Obviously, nobody here wants that to happen. If it's a sequel - and a good one - it might invite a very large amount of people to play the game, especially on websites like Kongregate and Miniclip. I have kind of being receiving mixed information on what it is going to be, so I would very much appreciate some input on that.

Beyond that, when the work is finished, I was planning on making a new clan. I haven't really decided on anything, since this is all new info to me, and I'm not even sure whether this game will bring in enough people for that. However, I can say that I plan on having a co-leadership with someone, just because it's easier to manage that way, and there won't be a time where the leader just isn't there. Anyway, I wish Beaver good luck towards making Vortex Wars in HTML 5, and I hope it turns out great! I love risk-like games that aren't dreadfully slow, and this fits the bill.
strafe12

Re: Vortex Wars in HTML5

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:24 am

I absolutely do not speak for beaver and I do hope he posts here.

I have read his posts on this topic and feel confident that I understand his direction on this.

He is currently working on Vortex Wars 2.5 which is html5 that you are referencing. It is not an update or a new version, but he does need to basically rewrite the code since it was Flash before.

He also stated that after that is completed he will work on 3.0 with many new features.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby strafe12 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:35 am

BeatlesFan wrote:He is currently working on Vortex Wars 2.5 which is html5 that you are referencing. It is not an update or a new version, but he does need to basically rewrite the code since it was Flash before.

Wouldn't that still technically be an update? Nevermind, I don't want to make things confusing. >-<
BeatlesFan wrote:He also stated that after that is completed he will work on 3.0 with many new features.

Okay, so it's the best of both worlds!
strafe12

Postby beaver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Feature-wise, 2.5 will be a minor update. It will support full screen, maybe run in mobile web browsers, and have a few small improvements and fixes. I want it to be very similar to 2.4, so it is easier to locate and fix bugs and rendering differences between html5 and flash. After that, I will work on 3.0. My current plans for 3.0 are here.
beaver

Postby strafe12 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 am

Awesome, that's great news, and the update the reasons for the "minor" update are completely fair. I can't wait until it comes out. :-D
strafe12

Return to General discussion