Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby strafe12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 am

>(FM)< wrote:You know what else discourages people from playing? trolls. Pick your poison.

Well, when a game gets so flooded with trolls that you can't play a single game without getting harassed, it discourages people, but Vortex Wars in not such a way. In most games without a cancerous, trolly fan-base, people just accept that they are going to come across jerks in most games they play.
strafe12

Postby highlander » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:03 am

strafe12 wrote:
>(FM)< wrote:You know what else discourages people from playing? trolls. Pick your poison.

Well, when a game gets so flooded with trolls that you can't play a single game without getting harassed, it discourages people, but Vortex Wars in not such a way. In most games without a cancerous, trolly fan-base, people just accept that they are going to come across jerks in most games they play.

Hope your are not pointing fingers at me strafe12 by the word cancerous and trolling fan-base.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby highlander » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 am

Verifying all present e-mails would certainly kill the game ,as most players never logged on since May 2011 using a real e-mail.I suggest when VW3 gets started then verify e-mails,as for present players with multiple accounts ( i'm not the only one ),if they reached this point, perm-ban each account separately,eventually you'll kill all those who start trouble.

ps. after all i've seen numerous players telling real guests they don't need to verify there e-mail account.British Bulldog but to name one told many.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby beaver » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Another option is a minimal level for chatting in the lobby and game room (maybe level 2 or 3), and renaming games (level 5). It would take more time than verifying an email.

There are two cons though:
1) Instead of work (verifying the email), the troll has to play the game for an hour or two. Would that deter trolls?
2) New players can't ask questions using chat. Maybe users can skip the minimal level by verifying their email?
beaver

Postby strafe12 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:29 pm

beaver wrote:Another option is a minimal level for chatting in the lobby and game room (maybe level 2 or 3), and renaming games (level 5). It would take more time than verifying an email.

There are two cons though:
1) Instead of work (verifying the email), the troll has to play the game for an hour or two. Would that deter trolls?
2) New players can't ask questions using chat. Maybe users can skip the minimal level by verifying their email?

I agree with the first resolution, but I don't know about the second one, considering we still have the *has 10 e-mail accounts* issue. For reference, I have 4, and if I was a troll, I would make more.

highlander wrote:Hope your are not pointing fingers at me strafe12 by the word cancerous and trolling fan-base.

I'm not sure why you would think that (is that what you consider yourself to be? :?:) but I can assure you that I am not referring to you when I say such things. I implore you to not associate whatever I might have been in the past with who I am now, and as I have stated before, I am in no way affiliated with the WP or concerned about any past conflicts anymore and have no ill feelings towards you.
strafe12

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Since 2.5 is finished, can you update the official VW site with 2.5? That might help keep current players interested and playing. Many of them that use the official VW site but don't go to forums don't know about the link you provided in the first post of this thread and thus have no idea that anything is happening with the game. Not sure how much time this would take, but if it doesn't take too long, I'd love to see it done.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:39 pm

I have sent the new website to Lopdo.
beaver

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:16 pm

beaver wrote:I have sent the new website to Lopdo.

This is going to sound ignorant, but what exactly will that do? Does he have to do the update himself or give permission? Or is it that he still technically owns the site and you have to go through him?

Edit: Also, I was just asked by someone if it was possible to do the same thing for the versions on Armorgames, Kongregate, etc. I told them I would ask since I didn't know the answer.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:12 pm

This is going to sound ignorant, but what exactly will that do? Does he have to do the update himself or give permission? Or is it that he still technically owns the site and you have to go through him?

Edit: Also, I was just asked by someone if it was possible to do the same thing for the versions on Armorgames, Kongregate, etc. I told them I would ask since I didn't know the answer.

Sorry, I didn't give much detail. The website and forum are currently on his server, so he has to update the website. I am looking into moving everything to my servers.

The game on Armorgames and Kongregate are currently on Lopdo's account. We are looking into transferring them to me.

After this update, it will be a much quicker process.
beaver

Postby Sincityman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Booted from server multiple times when in game mode.
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-01-04 at 12.53.40 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-01-04 at 12.53.40 PM.png (85.91 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion