Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 am

Something changed recently and the game loads a lot faster. Not sure what you did, but before it took long enough to load that I could see each individual hex filling up one by one and now they all seem to fill right away and you are quickly at the login screen.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Vortex_Master » Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 am

Suggestion: when the new game is officially released, naming it Vortex Wars: Reloaded or something. I feel as though naming it Vortex Wars 3 or 2.5 would off-put potential players due to being called a sequel.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby chris1726354 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Vortex_Master wrote:Suggestion: when the new game is officially released, naming it Vortex Wars: Reloaded or something. I feel as though naming it Vortex Wars 3 or 2.5 would off-put potential players due to being called a sequel.

That particular name makes it sounds like it's about guns. Good idea though.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:29 pm

chris1726354 wrote:
Vortex_Master wrote:Suggestion: when the new game is officially released, naming it Vortex Wars: Reloaded or something. I feel as though naming it Vortex Wars 3 or 2.5 would off-put potential players due to being called a sequel.

It's actually a great name idea because former VW players will know what it is, while new players may be drawn by the fact that it seems like a shoot-'em-up. Best of both worlds! ;)
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby chris1726354 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:28 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
chris1726354 wrote:

It's actually a great name idea because former VW players will know what it is, while new players may be drawn by the fact that it seems like a shoot-'em-up. Best of both worlds! ;)

It'd work the other way. People not wanting to play a shooting game would dismiss it. Also, some people expecting a shooting game would not want to play a risk-type game.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby builder17 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Vortex wars: Deluxe maybe?
builder17

Postby Vortex_Master » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:14 am

If Beaver says he would consider using the naming scheme, I will create a topic to help brainstorm some creative names. I would say keep the suggestions until he says otherwise.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby beaver » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 pm

I would consider using a different name than Vortex Wars 3 if we find the right one.

The html5 client was updated today. It has all of the Kongregate integrations the flash client did, so in a couple days when I am sure there are no new bugs I will update Kongregate. If you have a large monitor, or use Cinematic Mode, it will use the extra space to show more of the map. There are also a few bug fixes.
beaver

Postby beaver » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:00 am

I've decided to wait a week before updating Kongregate, since this week I won't have enough time to fix any problems that come up from the update.
beaver

Postby Reznorock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Im excited. maybe rename it to Vortex Wars Evolved or some random cliche that is still better than 2.5 or whatever?
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion