Moderation

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Moderation

Postby Reznorock » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 pm

No point at all, without growth or players there is no game, no mods, nothing. Having powerful cliques ,especially mods, can really make people want to stay away from the forums, the events and activities that players come up with etc. honestly, I think the leashes on everyone should be loosened a bit, and focus be given a bit more on getting more players. And nothing is going to cause players to not want to stay more than feeling like an outsider.
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby British Bulldog » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:36 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:Subject: Moderation

British Bulldog wrote:Both mods have changed since being appointed, they have taken their role far too seriously and the power trip has lead to arrogance. Fang has always been arrogant, so this was to be expected, however the change in Beatles is sad to see.

Its like a Nazi regime on here at times and there is a clique that run the show. They may think they're better than me, but all they have done is stop the game growing. I have tried to help the game grow, but when even the admin and moderation team work against you, whats the f**kin point.

This post was reported for the use of the word "f**kin"

I don't plan to do anything about it, but note that another user objected and it is a violation of the forum rules.

To give credit where it's due, an example of good moderation Id say. But honestly whoever felt offended enough to report this really shouldn't be on the internet in the first place :oops:
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

Postby Reznorock » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:13 pm

I agree, especially if someone is younger, although in this day and age, if you want to shelter your child from things they likely hear about on tv, or the news, then don't let them online, and if you think they don't hear all sorts of crazy stuff at school then you are fooling yourself.
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby highlander » Mon May 23, 2016 1:24 pm

I'd like to ask the new owner\admin on his view of the game rules and the current moderation.

Beatlesfan - says he has tolerance levels.

Fangfanllen - has ruled its 12 PG, MEANS NO TOLERANCE LEVEL.

This is confusing , so if a player posts an '' F '' bomb,he is ok Beatlesfan will ignore it but if Fangfallen sees it ,you'll be banned.

Main question Beaver will the rules be up-dated to your outlook on the game and more clearly defined or do we continue with mixed moderation rulings.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Fangfallen » Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Technically, I stated to keep it PG-13.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby beaver » Mon May 23, 2016 5:23 pm

The rules will largely stay the same for now, but I will clarify anything that needs to be.
beaver

Postby Grego » Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

I will make a suggestion, don't make the F-bomb and mute the ones who does...done, problem solved
"Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light."

Le Corbusier.
Grego

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 pm

beaver wrote:The rules will largely stay the same for now, but I will clarify anything that needs to be.

Appoint a third mod!
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby highlander » Mon May 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Grego wrote:I will make a suggestion, don't make the F-bomb and mute the ones who does...done, problem solved

I used the ''F'' bomb as a metaphor Grego , the question was about the difference how the two mods judge an issue.Please learn to read Grego before posting ,the question was nothing to do with any swearing.Plus the question was for the new owner.

Your post Fangfallen , nothing about pg-13.

fangfallens rules..jpg
fangfallens rules..jpg (91.51 KiB) Viewed 6852 times

It states 12 yrs old.
And PG-rated.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:38 am

You misinterpreted the rules, Fang is still right in what he said. I mean, he did kind of rewrite the rules anyway when he became mod. 'Anything that shouldn't be uttered in the vicinity of a 12 year old' is one year off, but clearly indicates what level of language is appropriate for the forum. The "PG-13" rule is further implied in the second bit you underlined, which specifically says that the 'minor profanity' you might hear in a PG movie is acceptable and should not be reported.

PG-13 is the rule. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure the youngest of us is 16, so we're less than a year off a universal NC-17.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion