Players being rude over nothing.

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Players being rude over nothing.

Postby CHEESEOFGODS » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:31 pm

There was no reason for him to call me a moron.

I was in a game of vortex wars with 4 people, I got crushed very early on but survived untill second place, I said it was wolves that helped me survive for those moments when I'm surrounded by 8s and *Un named player* said my wolves has no effect for the postion I was in at the time, I managed to get myself into a choke and I had 7 cities, apparently my wolves have no effect past 5 citites, but they do.

If they had no effect past 5 cities the decription would say "Decreases with more cities to 0%".

If they had effect past 5 cities the decription would say "Decreases with more cities untill 0%" (This is the current description).

The "untill" implies it's effect still occours at some point past 5 cities. *Un named player* went on to calling me a moron, I think this is ironic since I think he's wrong, the description certainly goes against him. I don't see any need for rudeness like this.

Maybe English isn't his first language?

So the question is, does anyone know if wolves actually do have an effect after 5 cities like the description imples?
Last edited by CHEESEOFGODS on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHEESEOFGODS

Re: Players being rude over nothing.

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:28 pm

As far as I know, they do have an effect past 5 territories. How quickly the bonus goes down is a mystery to me.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:53 pm

You were correct, he was wrong.

Protip: Don't just use color on the forums in normal posts for absolutely no reason, it just decreases readability
Ratburntro44

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 am

Wolves give a 15% Attack bonus up until you reach 5 contiguous territories. Every contiguous territory you get after this reduces the Attack bonus by 1% until hit 0.

This is accurate to my most recent knowledge.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Guest77 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Fangfallen wrote:Wolves give a 15% Attack bonus up until you reach 5 contiguous territories. Every contiguous territory you get after this reduces the Attack bonus by 1% until hit 0.

This is accurate to my most recent knowledge.

It hits 0% when you acquire 50% of the territories on the map, as far as I remember reading somewhere.

...this is also why nobody knows how they actually work.
Guest77

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Ratburntro44

Return to General discussion