Vortex Wars RPG

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Vortex Wars RPG

Postby GreenMelody » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:34 am

- Vortex Wars RPG -

My father always used to say "There's an inner RPG in every game". Wait, no he didn't. That was me.

Welcome to the tiny non-existent world of VWRPG, where your imagination is the only thing keeping it alive. You may choose to joi- No you're already involved so enjoy! No frogs were harmed during the creation of this thread.
VWRPG is a mini-game inside of Vortex Wars that anyone can participate in and the goal is to reach Prestige Level 10 and be the king of the world. Prizes you say? Greedy bastards. I'll give you a turtle, but besides that... I'll try to talk to the Moderators about some kind of Shards/Coins reward.

- Participants -

Everyone reading this. Yeah, you're involved.

Features

~~~ Current ~~~
- Store ~ Boosts, Items, and Prestige.
- Party (As in teams... but actual parties too) ~ Team matches!
- Duel system ~ Main way to get money
- Wardens ~ The people who make sure the players abide to the rules.
- More that I can't think of yet

~~~ To be added ~~~
- Warden permission
- Better thread layout
- Balance of each participating players
- IDK
- Probably more frogs

Rules
1) No cheating, play fair (Will be elaborated on soon)
2) Players only above the level of 10 may join, so as to avoid the constant abuse of the trade system.
3) No spam-dueling
4) No profanity/bad language
5) No bronies
6) Respect the Gamemaker's and the Wardens' decisions.
7) No abuse of the countless loopholes already in the rules.
8) No "My Little Pony" fans
9) The Gamemaker will not be able to play the game. But Wardens can.
10) I cannot stress any further how much I hate "My Little Pony", so no MLP
11) Races will not be used. Unless you have a Race boost.
12) Default Kix balance is 500 Kix.

Duels
Duels are the main source for getting Kix, the current currency of VWRPG. There are 6 types of Duels
- Standard Duels ~ A quick one-game One-on-One match. Winner gets 50 Kix, while the loser loses 20 Kix. Default map format is XL Random Borders Conquer Attrition Boosts disabled Upgrades Enabled.
- Mid-level Duels ~ A slightly more serious version of the Standard Duel except the Winner gets 100 Kix and the loser loses 50 Kix. Map format is similiar to that of Standard Duels.
- High-level Duels ~ A more advanced revamp of Mid-level Duels. Winner earns 200 Kix while the loser loses 100 Kix. Map format is similiar to that of the lower counterparts except it's a XXL Random as opposed to XL
- Elite Duels ~ Way more serious than the three main Duel types, unlike those three the Elite Duel's victor is decided by a best-of-three match-up. Winner will earn 400 Kix while the loser loses 250 Kix. Map format is XXL Random Borders Conquer Attrition Upgrades only.
- Legendary Duels ~ The butt-smashing final form of a duel that is Legendary Duels. Victor is decided by a best of 7 match-up and is rewarded by 600 Kix while the loser loses 400 Kix. Map format is similiar to Elite Duels.
- Team Match ~ A battle between different Parties. Winning party's members win 50 each (Substituted players will not earn anything.). Losing party's members will not be charged for loss. Map format is that of Elite and Legendary Duels except that Boosts along with Upgrades are enabled.

Shop
- Prestige Up /Undefined/ ~ Cost will vary with how high one's prestige is. Look at "Prestiges" section below.
- Race boost /300 Kix/ ~ Ability to use a race in any ONE game. Consumable.
- Substitution boost /50 Kix/ ~ Ability to bring any non-party affiliated player into a Team Match.
- Colored Name /300 Kix/ ~ Permanently add color of your choice to your name whenever your name is mentioned on this post and also on important posts as well (For example, Leaderboards/Trades/Announcements)
- Custom name /400 Kix / ~ Permanently change your name to one that you may choose for use whenever your name is mentioned on this post and also on important posts (For example, Leaderboards/Trades/Announcements)
- Mystery Box /500 Kix/ ~ For the daring: Gain a random amount (50-1500) of Kix
- A frog /1000 Kix/ ~ Are you sure you want to buy this? Oh well, it actually might be of use.

Prestiges
Prestiges are the main focus of the game. If you reach Prestige level 10, then you win. They can be bought in the shop. The cost of prestiging up is increases as you get higher up. Here are the different prestiges.
- Prestige 1 /0 Kix/ ~ Bottom of the barrel, default Prestige. Weekly income: 0 Kix
- Prestige 2 /1200 Kix/ ~ You've started your journey, no going back now. Weekly income: 0 Kix
- Prestige 3 /1500 Kix/ ~ Wow you're actually playing this dumb mini-game that I made, here I'll award you with a raise. Weekly income: 100 Kix
- Prestige 4 /1800 Kix/ ~ You're making some progress! Keep going! Weekly income: 150 Kix
- Prestige 5 /2000 Kix/ ~ Can't believe you've been playing this long. Weekly income: 200 Kix
- Prestige 6 /2200 Kix/ ~ Bored yet? Weekly income: 250 Kix
- Prestige 7 /2500 Kix/ ~ Glad to know someone cares this much for a game. Weekly income: 350 Kix
- Prestige 8 /3000 Kix/ ~ Almost there, keep going! Weekly income: 500 Kix
- Prestige 9 /4000 Kix/ ~ You've been at this for quite a while... just one more. Go. Weekly income: 600 Kix
- Prestige 10 /5000 Kix/ ~ I'm.. so proud... you did it Noble Hero. You won! Weekly income: -

Leaderboards
1 - Kirigaya Kazuto
2 - Lelouch vi Brittania
3 - Bob's friend
4 - Bob's friend's friend
5 - Bob
6 - Messi
7 - Bob's dog's friend
8 - Bob Saget
9 - Bob's dog
10 - You actually read all of these? Wow

Staff
Game-maker ~ GreenMelody
Warden of the Visitor ~ Guest77
Warden of the Giving ~ GivinUDaHimelik
Warden of the Golden Pencil ~ Bluethorn <-- He is more active as of late.
Permissions:
- Remove a certain amount of Kix from a player /Reasons must be justified/
- Render a player unavailable to play for X amount of time /Reasons must be justified/
- Have a cool name
- Can participate in the game unlike the Game-Maker.
- Can host Duels
- Needless to say, the Game-Maker can do anything she wants

I will accept all suggestions. And be sure to fix all my grammar and spelling errors if there are any.
Last edited by GreenMelody on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There's music in the sighing of a reed
There's music in the gushing of a rill
There's music in all things, if men had ears
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres
GreenMelody

Re: Vortex Wars RPG

Postby GreenMelody » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Reserved for later use
GreenMelody

Postby GreenMelody » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Reserved for later use
GreenMelody

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:50 pm

I'll participate. This seems easier than Chess435's RPG. :lol:
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Vortex_Master » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:20 am

Fangfallen wrote:I'll participate. This seems easier than Chess435's RPG. :lol:

Because unlike Chess', this is based off of the actual game of VW, rather than my RPG that took ideas from the game as well as another forum RPG made by ace. :lol:

It isn't really as much of an RPG as it is Vortex Wars-ception. However, it does seem interesting in concept. Good luck getting people, and managing everyone's stats.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:47 am

What is the trading system about? And at what time do you plan to hold these matches?

Do you always have to make the game Alice?

P.S. I'll join.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GreenMelody » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:14 am

Vortex_Master wrote:
Fangfallen wrote:I'll participate. This seems easier than Chess435's RPG. :lol:

Because unlike Chess', this is based off of the actual game of VW, rather than my RPG that took ideas from the game as well as another forum RPG made by ace. :lol:

It isn't really as much of an RPG as it is Vortex Wars-ception. However, it does seem interesting in concept. Good luck getting people, and managing everyone's stats.

As for the name I was completely aware. It's not even an RPG for that matter, more like a MMO or something but thanks for the support.

GivenUDaHimelik wrote:What is the trading system about? And at what time do you plan to hold these matches?

Do you always have to make the game Alice?

All good questions... But here I am gandering at the questions that really matter; like how long I should cure my mini-cucumbers in sea salt.

In all seriousness, I will elaborate on the unexplained functions soon enough. Duels can be made whenever a Warden or the Gamemaker is online. There will be 3+ Wardens and myself and all of them will be in different timezones so there is a high chance of seeing one at any time. Trading system is a first block for a future implementation.
GreenMelody

Postby Bluethorn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 am

Seems fun, I'll participate when possible
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Can you go into the negative for Kix after losing a bunch of games?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GreenMelody » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:52 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:Can you go into the negative for Kix after losing a bunch of games?

All the Kix lost in Duel Losses turn into Slices of Pizza. Pizza made from negative numbers is not very tasty, so no. The minimum amount of Kix is 0. And as the plan I had for Trading kinda had major flaws in it so I'm removing it as a function.
As a side-note, thank you for taking up the mantle of a Warden and hope to work with you soon GivinUDaHimelik. Enjoy uour new title Warden of the Givings.
GreenMelody

Next

Return to General discussion