A new beginning.

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

A new beginning.

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 pm

In order for me to receive insight into the day to day play in the Vortex, I have created a new account. I will use this to ascertain what changes need to be made in order to streamline the game for the new player; to see just how rampant claims of multi-accounting, cheating, hacking, baiting, etc are without the effect the presence of a moderator has. I will use this information to enact changes accordingly.

For this endeavor I will follow a set of rules:

1. I will not join the forums UNLESS asked convincingly by a player.
2. I will act with no knowledge of the Vortex Wars Rules UNLESS directed there by a moderator or player.
3. I will act and play as though I have no experience with the game.
4. My identity will remain absolutely secret.
5. I will not join a clan unless invited.

This thread will also serve as a blog, informing you of my progress, friendships, and mistakes. For this reason no player names will be mentioned, aliases will be used.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Re: A new beginning.

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 pm

"Aliases will be used"

Day 1: Today I met a player named WinterFox71. What a jerk.

Day 2: While I was arguing with WinterFox, an obviously very professional and unbiased moderator named ToothDropping. He is certainly amazing in every way possible.

Day 5: I have been invited to join a clan called Firebird Ascending... Perhaps this will help me in my war against WinterFox and the FoxPack.

Day 7: I officially created my forum account today. I was greeted by a mod named BeatlesLover, who is at first look a great guy but ultimately inferior to ToothDropping. Also, this other fellow named NobleTeal was there, but he only posts in teal, which is weird.

Day 8: I found out that WinterFox is the leader of the FoxPack and for some reason ToothDropping is also in that clan. I think it's fairly obvious that Toothdropping should take over and kick WinterFox out for good.

Day 10: Well, the game is up. Apparently my own clan leader, Matthew, figured out that I might be a fake. I guess I have to give it up now. I just don't see how they could have figured it out.

Spoiler: show
You just want to be like BeatlesFan. :P
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Fangfallen wrote:2. I will act with no knowledge of the Vortex Wars Rules.
3. I will act and play as though I have no experience with the game.

Why not just report your experiences from your main account? How will this be any different?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 am

You punks.

The main reason I am not doing this from my main account is because people act differently around me and even more so now that I'm a mod.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Bluethorn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:20 am

I fully support your decision as it's yours only. The only thing I'm reluctant on is that now Highlander has even more intuition to believe that I am Fangfallen due to the way I speak... Dammit Fang
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:23 am

Bluethorn wrote:I fully support your decision as it's yours only. The only thing I'm reluctant on is that now Highlander has even more intuition to believe that I am Fangfallen due to the way I speak... Dammit Fang

Well, there was a time when Royalblue was on people's minds a lot. I can definitely see the same happening with this.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 am

Day one.

Well, I've just created my account and saw the "Would you like to play tutorial level first" popup... pff, who needs that I'll figure this out on my own.
I figure this is the reaction of the majority of noobs to the game.

So I joined a game straight-away, and a nice player welcomed me!I wonder if everybody is this nice.
It was nice to see a new player welcomed, and not treated with disdain.

I mention that it's my first time playing, their response: "You'll learn." Is everybody this helpful?
Well, alrighty then.

Unfortunately my first game was lost... what did I do wrong? I asked and they just told me, "You were stupid." I guess that explains it. Oh well, the next time I'm sure I'll do better!
4 player, Borders, Att, XL, 'Fangfallen' didn't play very smart...

Wait what? They aren't actually killing me yet! I'm down to one country with two men and he has 3 8's in front of it in a line... how in the world will I ever escape?
Haha, I'm a pet...

Well, my captor killed me whenever the blue people came in and took his lands... I guess he didn't want to go out without a touch of genocide on his record. Wait, what's this popup.. I came in 4th? Oh cool, this isn't energy based like my second favorite game; Farmville. I wonder why I lost experience, maybe somebody will tell me. AS for now, I think I'll take a nap.
4th place: -58 ranking +52xp.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 am

This is extremely weird. You are aware of that right?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Bluethorn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:This is extremely weird. You are aware of that right?

Why would he be aware of such things.. He's weird in itself
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 am

I don't see how it's weird... it's allowing me to accomplish several things I feel I need to accomplish.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Next

Return to General discussion