Forum Politics

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Forum Politics

Postby British Bulldog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:13 pm

I made my comment on the report user thread as I was in the game that started all the trouble.

Vortex wars can be a frustrating game at times and arguments are inevitable. Lodpo felt the need to say mute players and gave us a function so we can totally ingore other players. Why cant we use this method for anything other than exceptional circumstances?

Its a sad state of affairs when people spend their free time spying on games, just so they can put in a report. I dont like how everyone gangs up on Highlander, when he can so easily be muted if you don't agree with what he has to say.

I only joined the forum to be involved with good players and in good games. Others just seem to enjoy the drama, maybe its not the place for me.
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

Re: Forum Politics

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Quite so, I long for the day people discover the mute button.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Joriom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Dear Bulldog,
As I'm one of those who you would refer to as "spending their free time spying" I feel obliged to respond here.

Some problems might be easily resolved by muting/ignoring someone. That works for some people. On the other hand its very confusing feature when there are more than two parties involved. Personaly I'm NEVER using that feature if there are at least 2 other player involved for the simple reason of clarity. I hate to get caught in situation where I'm receiving only half of the conversation and I don't know whats going on around me. In vortex wars its almost never only 2 sides conversating.
Still most of the time I manage to simply ignore statements I feel bad about. Based on my experience I can quite confidently assume that there are hundreds of sexual related, offensive or otherwise at least controversial things spoken in rooms we play every day. Yet there are only so few reports, so we somehow manage.
IMHO, the problem araises when we get to the point where we have single individual that somehow manages to bother not one, not five but quite considerable group of players yet is inteligent enough to present himself as innocent and pretends to be a superior being. Please remember that the vast majority of our players are simple people with short tempers. Some of them easily get frustrated over how they're treated by such individual and decide to use faulty solutions. But whos there to blame? Considerable ammount of player who are baited to commit a crime or the baiter himself? The problem is, with enough inteligence you can easily hide baiting under cover of being righteous or simply excentric. Thats what I believe highlander might be doing and the only way to proove that is providin long term behavioural report. Short tempered player wont go for such solution - cause they're impatient - which is perfect situation for mentioned individual. Thats why I'm from time to time spending some of my time to reveal highlanders true motives if there are any. I would like to strongly emphasize: the type of baiting used by highlander can be intentional or not. It could be just his hard personality. Whichever it is hoverer, I see it harmfull for the community anyway.

With all due respect,
Joriom
Check it out: Custom StandAlone Client for VortexWars! [WiP]
The Unofficial Official Vortex Wars 2 Chat!
Spoiler: show
Client:
Code: Select all
[b][size=140][color=#800000]Check it out:[/color][/size] [url=http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5117][size=120][color=#0040BF]Custom StandAlone Client for VortexWars! [WiP][/b][/color][/size][/url]
Chat:
[url=http://us20.chatzy.com/12517185740288]The Unofficial Official Vortex Wars 2 Chat![/url]
Joriom

Postby British Bulldog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:09 pm

I understand people have there own reasons for doing things and everyone is entitled to do whatever they want. I just see it that if everyone spent this wasted time actually playing the game and other forum games (cough cough vortex star wars) we could help the game grow, meeting new players and be involved in good games. Which im sure is what we all want anyway!
British Bulldog

Postby highlander » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Joriom there is far worse than me but your blinded by hate and your poor excuse to Admin and Mods to use my name as it was handy to HACK the game.Your continual badgering and your own words to continue harrassment.I'm not an experiment for you to discuss over.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Joriom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:35 pm

British Bulldog wrote:[...]we could help the game grow, meeting new players and be involved in good games. Which im sure is what we all want anyway!

Thats exactly the point. We simply focus on two different sides of the same problem. While you're thinking about increasing positive experiences, I'm all about limiting the bad ones. I'm afraid we're currently fighting side effects, not the cause itself by fending off wave after wave of highlander "haters" which results in community being "limited group of friends". Ofc, some of those haters are driven by pure hatered, love for trolling and jelaousy, but I find it hard to believe that are main motives. What do you think is better? Enforcing banishment on 20 players for offenses caused by baiting or getting rid of baiter itself so he won't cause more banishments in future? Which approach wil effect in groving community?

highlander wrote:Joriom there is far worse than me but your blinded by hate and your poor excuse to Admin and Mods to use my name as it was handy to HACK the game.Your continual badgering and your own words to continue harrassment.I'm not an experiment for you to discuss over.

Again, I must agree with you highlander on PART of your statement, as I did when I demanded to be punished for my mischief. I'm not a saint and I have moments of weakness when I deviate from correct path, but at least I'm able to admit to my mistakes, take full responsibility and leave that chapter closed behind me.
Client:
[b][size=140][color=#800000]Check it out:[/color][/size] [url=http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5117][size=120][color=#0040BF]Custom StandAlone Client for VortexWars! [WiP][/b][/color][/size][/url]
Chat:
[url=http://us20.chatzy.com/12517185740288]The Unofficial Official Vortex Wars 2 Chat![/url]
Joriom

Postby highlander » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Joriom wrote: Again, I must agree with you highlander on PART of your statement, as I did when I demanded to be punished for my mischief. I'm not a saint and I have moments of weakness when I deviate from correct path, but at least I'm able to admit to my mistakes, take full responsibility and leave that chapter closed behind me.

No you haven't your still carrying the hate.

As for baiting , your doing it now.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby British Bulldog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 pm

highlander wrote:
Joriom wrote: Again, I must agree with you highlander on PART of your statement, as I did when I demanded to be punished for my mischief. I'm not a saint and I have moments of weakness when I deviate from correct path, but at least I'm able to admit to my mistakes, take full responsibility and leave that chapter closed behind me.

No you haven't your still carrying the hate.

As for baiting , your doing it now.

*you're

Only joking! just trying to lighten the mood, to show how daft this is. I say Highlander vs Joriom in the Vortex, best of 5, mute button on!!! haha
British Bulldog

Postby highlander » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't like my grammar being corrected. i'm not always correct and other times its just laziness but whatever please don't correct me as i see it baiting my intelligence and i will and have report it as such.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby Joriom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 pm

British Bulldog wrote:I say Highlander vs Joriom in the Vortex, best of 5, mute button on!!! haha

I'm up for that, but only if I'm teddies vs trees so I can later on cry how unfair it was!
Client:
Chat:
Joriom

Next

Return to General discussion