Vortex Wars - A fading flame.

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Sign the petition for a fundraiser for advertisement for VW!

Sign... on what? Whatever, sure.
87%
No, I don't think we need the game to make a comeback.
13%

Total votes : 23

Vortex Wars - A fading flame.

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 am

Vortex Wars is clearly an amazing game, but as time passes it loses it's glow. We must rekindle the fire and bring back new life! The player base is shrinking, and it is atrocious at best, we must change some things.

We need a way to advertise the game, clearly and effectively. I would like to receive some input from all of you; our dedicated playerbase. Beatlesfan and I are brainstorming, and we will head the front for the future of Vortex Wars, all we need is some help.

Keep in mind, this isn't Lopdo, this is us. WE want it, so WE will make it happen. Perhaps if he sees some effort and dedication, his mindset will change.

So, what can YOU bring to the table?
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Re: Vortex Wars - A fading flame.

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:21 am

Well, this is going to take some work, but here are a few things to get us started:

These initial ideas have to do with both advertising the game and generating some revenue for Lopdo/Vortex Wars.

1) Lopdo discussed the opportunity to allow individuals to have access to improve the game on a shared basis. He would still own it - but others could access/improve it.
Regular updates with people working on it would generate invested individuals and improvements.
Also - regular updates drive interest - NEW!!!! Version 3.0 Just Released - Major updates!!! Player Suggestions incorporated - Our Players just made a great game even better!!!

2) Tournament Mode - This would bring players in and advertise the game. Let us instantly join a 16 player tournament with revenue for the game. 5 coins to enter or XX amount of shards. Winner gets a bonus of some sort.

3) AI mode - allow guests to "test drive" the product. Right now players hate guests. Let the guests take the AI out for a spin and market the registration to them as part of the AI game. That is where you can have a pop up ad (for revenue) on each map, or at least before the AI portion begins. Each subsequent map allows them to register and lets them know/reminds them of one benefit of registering (ability to level up/storage upgrades/special races/social-friends system/attack boosts/etc.)-spark their interest so they register.

4) Clans in the game - First of all the players want them - but we can advertise for you if done with advertising in mind. Let us recruit new players into the clans - this will keep them. Put some sort of clan tournament mode that requires a certain level of activity to join certain types of elite matches or requires a certain number of new recruits that stay and achieve level XX after joining the clan or stay for a certain amount of time, or log in so many days/times, or achieve a certain number of coin only purchases, etc. to move to a higher clan status, etc. Giving us an icon, badge, banner, or anything to strive for that requires activity or recruitment will help to advertise the game for you.

5) Change the connection between the game and the forum - Make it so that when you register for the game, you are the same on forum (would need a new forum). Drive us to keep talking about everything in the game and on the forum. That being said - what the forum needs is a review of major successful game forums. We need a wider and inter-connected forum community. I suggest a partnership with "the right" but similar game. This will require a hard choice, but once made you are driving us to share between a few but linked games. You will expand the community by finding players willing to play about 5 different, but similar games all connected by one forum or somehow linked set of forums. My suggestion is to link this all to Lopdo. You have one new forum for Harvest Honors, Kickoff Mayhem, and Vortex Wars. Let us find all three games from one log in. You can add new links and games from time to time. Perhaps we can all cut across a few games and drive income and interest to http://www.vortexgames.com which has: Vortex Wars, Harvest Honors, Kickoff Mayhem, and Panic Attack. I just made up Panic Attack, but if it is not already taken, make us a cool new game called that. One log in name and BeatlesFan can play all 5 of your ever popular games. [I also don't know if there is already a vortexgames.com, but if not register it now]

Anyway, just a few initial thoughts...
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Happiness » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Very well said, I've been thinking of something like this for a while now but just never had a good enough resolve. Thanks for voicing mine and tons of other's thoughts for us :D. Hopefully we will have enough cooperation to see this through.
And fore-mostly, we need a fan database for fast promotion. Most likely a Facebook or Twitter page. Agreed?
"Don't worry, be happy"
Happiness

Postby chris1726354 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Might be able to partner up with Jagex.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby Guest77 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:21 pm

chris1726354 wrote:Might be able to partner up with Jagex.

Dead lord, no.
Guest77

Postby >(FM)< » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Happiness wrote:
And fore-mostly, we need a fan database for fast promotion. Most likely a Facebook or Twitter page. Agreed?

That's the thing, we have a group on Facebook.
No one seems to know about.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby highlander » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 pm

The game isn't fading with the newly appointed mod Fangfallen several months ago,he has cracked down hard on cheaters,swearing and secret allies.Just wish Lopdo would up-grade his mod-ship to include the forum and also appoint several new mods.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:47 pm

>(FM)< wrote:
Happiness wrote:

That's the thing, we have a group on Facebook.
No one seems to know about.

He means an actual page, you have just a group. There is a difference I believe.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Happiness » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:35 am

This should do for the time being. Acted independetly sorry. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vortex-Wars/861608007202575?
"Don't worry, be happy"
Happiness

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:41 am

Works for me mate, I made an account on FB just so I could see that :lol:
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Next

Return to General discussion