Forum Awareness Day - Saturday, April 5, 2014

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Forum Awareness Day - Saturday, April 5, 2014

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:49 am

Saturday, April 5, 2014 is Forum Awareness Day!

Many Vortex Wars players are not aware of the forum and are missing out on an opportunity to join our extended community.

For the entire 24 hours (in YOUR time zone) on Saturday, April 5, 2014 we will inspire in-game players to explore the Vortex Wars Forum, perhaps for the first time. Many may decide to register and join us here as new forum members.

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 we will enjoy bringing several topics to the top that we hope will be of interest to players that are new to the forum:

New Players Forum
Tips and Strategies
Vortex Wars Council
Players by GMT Time Zone
All of the top/hot Forum Games

Clans: This is also an opportunity for you to showcase your clan in the best light.

In order to keep this game alive and inspire a growth in the forum community - I am declaring Saturday, April 5, 2014 as Forum Awareness Day.

You can help by:

>>Being in the game when you can
>>Letting others know both in the lobby and in the game to check out the forum
>>Being logged in (not hidden) on the forum as much as you can

Be active on the forum to include:
>>If you are in a clan, make at least one post to your clan thread
>>Play at least one forum game that day
>>Say something positive on a thread that you think will appeal to a new forum user (such as one of the tips threads, a forum game or the New Players Forum thread)

Saturday, April 5, 2014 is Forum Awareness Day! - Let's invite in-game players to join the forum all day long.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Links:

Welcome New Forum Users. Here are some Quick Links to help you navigate the forum.

1) Check out the Forum Games from the main page - Play any and all that look interesting to you.
2) Check out the Clans. We have an extended community here on the forum and many have joined Vortex Wars groups called clans. Take a look and see what you find.

When you are done looking at those or to help you find things that might be of interest - Check out these Quick Links that you may find helpful:

Vortex Wars Probabilities:
http://samrush.net/apps/vortexwars/dice.php
Wonder what your chances are of winning that attack? This link will show you the odds of success.

Tips and Tricks for Vortex Wars thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=896
Looking for tips from other players? This thread might give you some ideas to help improve your game.

New Players thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4151
Are you a new player to either the game or the forum? This is your place to chat and also get your questions answered from veterans.

Vortex Wars Council thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4825
Looking for information on clans? This is your best single source for information on all clans including the Active Clans Listing showing every current clan on the forum.

Let’s Play thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5058
Looking to let your friends on the forum know when to meet you in the game. This is your spot to announce when you are online in the game.

Vortex Wars Hall of Fame (Achievements) thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3573
Have you earned Vortex Wars Achievements? This is your place to post and join the Hall of Fame.

Player Information (By GMT Time Zone) thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5036
Trying to find other Vortex Wars Players in your Time Zone? They are listed here. You can also post and be added to the listing.
Last edited by BeatlesFan on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Re: Forum Awareness Day - Saturday, April 5, 2014

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Awesome idea. I'll try and participate as much as possible. Maybe we could make games called Forum Awareness Day or something like that as well.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby mattie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Great idea bealtesfan I will try to help
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:23 am

I have added some Quick Links to the opening post to help new forum users when they arrive.

If anyone has additional suggestions, please post so they can be added. I am not looking to advertise for any particular clan, thread, or forum game. I am hoping to find threads that serve as a resource for new users either of the game or forum. Also any thread that might inspire a new player to post or join on a regular basis.

I look forward to your suggestions as well as would like your support on Forum Awareness Day. I hope that we can grow our forum community and also increase activity in the game. Feel free to add your ideas on "how to get the word out".

Thanks!
:D :D :D :D :D
BeatlesFan

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 am

Although it is not a forum thread, in light of the Vortex Wars Probabilities thread it may be helpful to some to add a link to http://samrush.net/apps/vortexwars/dice.php. You could also link to the thread I posted about it (I think I did post a thread on it, but for some reason I cannot find it) if you can figure out where it is.
Ratburntro44

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:Although it is not a forum thread, in light of the Vortex Wars Probabilities thread it may be helpful to some to add a link to http://samrush.net/apps/vortexwars/dice.php. You could also link to the thread I posted about it (I think I did post a thread on it, but for some reason I cannot find it) if you can figure out where it is.

Thanks for the link. I have updated the post to show your link. I did a few searches, but could not find your forum thread though.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:01 am

While it is still Friday here in the USA, it is already Forum Awareness Day in some parts of the world and perhaps in your corner of the Vortex.

Please:

>>Log into the live game whenever you can throughout Saturday.
>>Be logged into the forum (and not hidden) as much as you can.
>>Let other players know about the forum in the game lobby and in the game.
>>Make a game with the word Forum in it.

>>Make at least one post to your clan page, if you are in a clan.
>>Play at least one forum game.
>>Make a positive comment on any one thread that you think might appeal to a new forum player.
>>Tell your friends to check out Vortex Wars and the forum in at least one other place (your FB page, text someone, email, on another game you enjoy, etc.)

This is Forum Awareness Day - Welcome to a community that plays Vortex Wars!
BeatlesFan

Postby highlander » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm here;
It's a Kind of Magic..jpg
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 am

A very active Forum today! And great games still going on.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks to everyone that participated in Forum Awareness Day 2014!

The game and the forum were very active and we played some great games.

Thanks!
BeatlesFan

Next

Return to General discussion