The Beat Goes On

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: The Beat Goes On

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:15 am

My new topic is: I remove my former support of the various new accounts of L-Word. I had hoped that he could come back and start fresh being a reasonable person. He cannot and will not.

I believe it in the interest of the forum community to have a mod ban each of his alts. He is a permabanned player for good reason. He needs to stay gone.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Chess435 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 am

BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is: I remove my former support of the various new accounts of L-Word. I had hoped that he could come back and start fresh being a reasonable person. He cannot and will not.

I believe it in the interest of the forum community to have a mod ban each of his alts. He is a permabanned player for good reason. He needs to stay gone.

Done. Next topic please. :P
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Chess435

Postby RedLine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am

Chess435 wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is: I remove my former support of the various new accounts of L-Word. I had hoped that he could come back and start fresh being a reasonable person. He cannot and will not.

Done. Next topic please. :P

seems kinda harsh..
RedLine

Postby jwl1000 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 am

RedLine wrote:
seems kinda harsh..

Don't know if you know this guy or not, but it is definitely a worthy punishment.
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby chris1726354 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 am

jwl1000 wrote:
RedLine wrote:
seems kinda harsh..

Don't know if you know this guy or not, but it is definitely a worthy punishment.

He does, because redline is Lance.
Last edited by chris1726354 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Postby neoexdeath » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 am

chris1726354 wrote:
jwl1000 wrote:
RedLine wrote:
seems kinda harsh..

He does, because he's redline is Lance.

And autuisticwolf seems to be l word too. -_-
thetoppestkek wrote:shut up, katana collection
neoexdeath

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 am

My new topic is: Vortex Wars does not have to die.

Yes, I am leaving the game and forum for good. I am doing this in great part because I think the game is headed to being "an almost ghost town" within a year or so and I don't want to be here to see that happen. I also believe that it does not have to happen.

There are a few things that need to occur, in my opinion:

Guests: There needs to be some way to encourage guests. Right now guests (and I mean real guests, not trolls/registered players) are mostly NOT welcomed by veteran players in the game. On the forum they are frequently treated with suspicion. This discourages growth, which is needed to keep this alive.

Players not on the forum: They exist. Stop looking just at the forum for players. Several of you have claimed that everyone is already in a clan - NO they are not. MOST players do not even exist if you are looking for them only on the forum. There is actually a Vortex Wars website that has a game and it is not this forum. Highlander understands this. When some of you declared the Knights dead, he built a clan of mighty warriors - from the actual game. In the process he brought them to the forum as well. Now he has another clan and is finding even more. You can do the same - look in the game. Maybe we can keep some of the game players longer by inviting them to join us here.

Play and post, but encourage others: New players are often "shot down" or argued with here on the forum. There are some very strong personalities here. Give the new guys some ability to be noobs and have opinions, while they blend in and decide to stick around, rather than have them decide that this is a tough group to become a part of and just leave rather than expend a lot of effort when they are new.

Just my opinion. I encourage you to post yours.
BeatlesFan

Postby calleharnemark » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 am

BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is: Vortex Wars does not have to die.

Yes, I am leaving the game and forum for good. I am doing this in great part because I think the game is headed to being "an almost ghost town" within a year or so and I don't want to be here to see that happen. I also believe that it does not have to happen.

There are a few things that need to occur, in my opinion:

Guests: There needs to be some way to encourage guests. Right now guests (and I mean real guests, not trolls/registered players) are mostly NOT welcomed by veteran players in the game. On the forum they are frequently treated with suspicion. This discourages growth, which is needed to keep this alive.

Players not on the forum: They exist. Stop looking just at the forum for players. Several of you have claimed that everyone is already in a clan - NO they are not. MOST players do not even exist if you are looking for them only on the forum. There is actually a Vortex Wars website that has a game and it is not this forum. Highlander understands this. When some of you declared the Knights dead, he built a clan of mighty warriors - from the actual game. In the process he brought them to the forum as well. Now he has another clan and is finding even more. You can do the same - look in the game. Maybe we can keep some of the game players longer by inviting them to join us here.

Play and post, but encourage others: New players are often "shot down" or argued with here on the forum. There are some very strong personalities here. Give the new guys some ability to be noobs and have opinions, while they blend in and decide to stick around, rather than have them decide that this is a tough group to become a part of and just leave rather than expend a lot of effort when they are new.

Just my opinion. I encourage you to post yours.

There has been suggested special guest race. And isn't the goal at long term to make more in game players to join the forums? There should be more info ingame such as rules about ingame alliance. If we slowly introduced gamers to forum things like this in game they would be more ready to join the forums. If not, they would just know more. Win-win situation.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 am

My new topic is "Holy crap, I am finally on the Leaderboard!"

leaderboard.png
leaderboard.png (49.62 KiB) Viewed 5861 times

(And Lopdo, I really wish that I knew how many wins I had toward the achievement in 6 player or more games. I just know that I must be close to the 500 mark....)
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 am

BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is "Holy crap, I am finally on the Leaderboard!"

leaderboard.png

(And Lopdo, I really wish that I knew how many wins I had toward the achievement in 6 player or more games. I just know that I must be close to the 500 mark....)

I was on the leaderboard for about 15 minutes a couple months ago. I am a absolute moron and did not screen shot it.. :(

1960ish rating. Then I got bugged. :( :(

Oh well, I'll get there again one day. :lol:
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion