Bad news so terrible its just bad.

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Bad news so terrible its just bad.

Postby highlander » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:19 am

It's getting to point that something needs to be said.There are certain factions that have continuely been going off topic ( notice i said off topic and not spamming ).I'm all for keeping the forum alive but with so many threads do you really need to turn a single statement into a five page debate. There are 5\7 so called helplines which various players set-up , these are for debates not clan pages,forum games or reports for bugs\users.

I'm not saying go Feng-shui on talking but sometimes being minimalist has a greater effect than pages upon pages.

Some clans prefer to keep there pages clean from run of the mill chit-chat. If you really look deep at yourself's you'll realise how much damage has been done and the friction it causes.So respect a players clan , the forum has grown but still you congregate in the same areas.

Maybe make another thread called The VW talk just an example , everybodies entitled to opinions but not every opinion has to be a debate.Debates can look like a form of spamming.

Now i'll wait for the death nail on this post.Maybe some will see the truth.

If i could make a poll i would.

1.You think everything is fine.
2.Everything is but off topics can be annoying.
3. I wish off topics would stop.
4.Mods need to warn those who regular go off topic.
5.Players need to show a little more decorum.
6.No action off topics are fine.
Last edited by highlander on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Re: OFF TOPIC.

Postby jwl1000 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:05 pm

2. it can get annoying
+1 to this topic :)
Boys, we in this bidnez for one thing only: Ws
jwl1000

Postby Hig » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Utter hypocrisy.
Hig

Postby highlander » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Hig wrote:Utter hypocrisy.

I never said i was innocent i have been known to go off topic so stop being a jerk Hig and forget your hate towards me.
This post was for open debate not your singular hate and hypocrisy towards your own goal.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby calleharnemark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Come on. If this rule was implemented half the wolfpack and 80% of active forum users get reported. It's completely normal and accepted here IMO.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby highlander » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm

calleharnemark wrote:Come on. If this rule was implemented half the wolfpack and 80% of active forum users get reported. It's completely normal and accepted here IMO.

Where on my debate did i say report it to a mod or make it a rule , i said a mod might give a warning which meant by a friendly nudge to stop straying off topic.Really you guys accuse me of being paranoid but a single debate and its lets protect the wolf pack because we are that great and keep the forum alive.All i was asking for was a wake up to all the off topics on clan pages,games and report users.

Common sense is all i'm asking for.
Last edited by highlander on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby Hig » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm

highlander wrote:

I never said i was innocent i have been known to go off topic so stop being a jerk Hig and forget your hate towards me.
This post was for open debate not your singular hate and hypocrisy towards your own goal.

You're a sociopath.
Hig

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Maker of the thread decides. I say the rules change based on thread and section. For instance, Feature Requests/Bug Reports should stay on the original topic and closely related issues, whereas pretty much any of the chat threads (Blue Room, Goose's Nest, Wolf's Den), are basically open for most things (obvious specific rules aside).

Being that this is based on the clans, I think it would be the choice of the leaders or creators of the thread, perhaps the top three or so people if it's a clan who can say whether something is off topic or not welcome. For instance, simply for comparison, the WolfPack thread is good for light member chat and discussions having to do with relative clan events. The Riders and Creed also seem to be fairly free when it comes to chat, although Riders is more member exclusive. In contrast, the Soldiers tend to talk only about things specific to their clan.

Essentially, members should follow the rules set by the original poster in any case, and any unspoken rules that come up later. With reason, the OP (and other leader in the case of clans), should have the choice to ask for a topic to stop being discussed or for others to come back to a main topic.

I say 2 or 3, but it really depends on the circumstances.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby highlander » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hig wrote:
highlander wrote:

You're a sociopath.

You can't spell kid. It's PSYCHOPATH but thanks.Also please keep it to the open debate.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby calleharnemark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:48 pm

highlander wrote:
calleharnemark wrote:Come on. If this rule was implemented half the wolfpack and 80% of active forum users get reported. It's completely normal and accepted here IMO.

Where on my debate did i say report it to a mod or make it a rule , i said a mod might give a warning which meant by a friendly nudge to stop straying off topic.Really you guys accuse me of being paranoid but a single debate and its lets protect the wolf pack because we are that great and keep the forum alive.All i was asking for was a wake up to all the off topics on clan pages,games and report users.

Common sense is all i'm asking for.

Yeah, common sense. The mods are using the rules and reported users as guidelines. If this is not a rule mods shouldn't need to work with this. Also, how many mods do you see active on pages where we go offtopic? It's enough for users to tell that themselves. If the mods should moderate this I would consider this daycare level. Also, a warning would mean what? There is no reason to listen to a warning if nothing bad happens when you go against it. Without punishment there is many who doesn't care. And we would need more active mods which we seeminly won't have.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Next

Return to General discussion