New Players Thread

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: New Players Thread

Postby Username » Tue May 06, 2014 4:10 am

Is there any point to the forums for a noob like me? It seems like everyone here has been here forever.
Usernames are overrated.
Username

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue May 06, 2014 4:15 am

Username wrote:Is there any point to the forums for a noob like me? It seems like everyone here has been here forever.

Everyone here has been here since May 28, 2011 or later, not forever.

And yes there is a point. It is to be active on anything that catches your interest. I recommend Forum Games and then post your opinion on any other thread that strikes you as interesting. The goal, I think, is to contribute. Try to have fun, be interesting, add value, be part of community. You may also consider joining a clan or taking part in one of the various tournaments/contests. Once you have that part down, you may try starting a new thread and see if it catches on.

Welcome to the forum.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Username » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 am

Thanks for the advice. I personally am no fan of forum games, but I will post my opinion on stuff that strikes me as interesting. I like the idea of clans, as well as contests, but I don't think I'd fit in yet, seeing as I'm just shy of level 3... Thanks, Username.
Usernames are overrated.
Username

Postby Fangfallen » Tue May 06, 2014 4:51 am

Welcome to the forums as well as the game, Username!

Clans and contests are not level exclusive for the most part. I personally hold a tournament that has rewards in both shards and coins, as well as general reputation. Even a level one would be welcome to partake.

As for clans, I'll give you a summary of all of the active and semi-active clans there are currently. Most, if not all, will not base their decision on whether or not to pick you on your level, but rather your character, knowhow, and activity on the forum and in the game.

The Current Clans:

Wolfpack - Active: Wolfpack is among the oldest of clans, and is very active. This clan is great if you are the friendly type who'd rather forge relationships than win everything. They are made up of several 'elders' as well as younger players. If you'd like to join them, you can PM me (I am the co-leader), or post on their clan page in the Clan forum.

Vortex Warriors Clan - Active: The VWC is one of the newest clans, but is rising very quickly. It was founded by one of the 'elders' of the game, Beatlesfan. I suggest this clan if you are looking for a friendly, goal oriented clan. They are well organized and very welcoming to new members. I am not entirely sure as to how their recruitment process works, but I believe it is more exclusive than others. If you'd like to join them, I believe you can contact any member, and they may nominate you. (If you are interested in them, check it out to be sure how it works, I don't want to give any false info.)

The Killer Mantids - Active: The KM are one of the newest clans, but have risen quickly. It was founded by a semi-new player, GivenUDaHimelik. I suggest this clan specifically if you are a younger player, as they seem to be made of teens and the like. They are very friendly and fun, definitely the place for an outgoing youth. They are making significant progress in clan wars.

The Military Soldiers - Active: The Soldiers are an older clan, led by Ryankill, another 'elder.' I suggest the Soldiers if you are looking for a clan that is very war based. They are strong in clan wars, as that is their main goal.

The 4Riders - Semi-Active: The Riders are a great clan, but are very exclusive, as well as semi-active. You MIGHT be able to secure a minor position there, but I wouldn't bet on it. I suggest them if you are looking for a clan that is small, friendly, and war based.

The Warriors Creed - Semi-Active: The WC is the oldest clan, but seems to have fallen into the depths of inactivity. However, it's current leader, Vortex_Master, who is also an 'elder,' is working hard to raise it back up. I suggest the WC if you are looking for a clan that is smaller, friendly, and goal oriented.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Username » Tue May 06, 2014 4:56 am

Wow, that's a lot of information. I hope you didn't take too much time on that. I'm definitely a goal oriented, down to business kind of person. So, according to your assessment, that would be the Vortex Warriors Clan or the Warriors Creed. I'll wait though, I want to see if anyone else has stuff to say. Thanks, Username.
Usernames are overrated.
Username

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue May 06, 2014 5:33 am

Fangfallen wrote:
Vortex Warriors Clan - I am not entirely sure as to how their recruitment process works, but I believe it is more exclusive than others. If you'd like to join them, I believe you can contact any member, and they may nominate you. (If you are interested in them, check it out to be sure how it works, I don't want to give any false info.)

Basically correct.

Any VWC member (except recruit) may nominate a new member (on the clan page) - if the nominee then accepts they are in. There is no screening process. Anyone in the clan can bring in new members (the only difference is at what rank you would be placed at: Champion, Knight or Recruit).
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Bluethorn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 pm

My greetings to all, I am Bluethorn.
I recently joined the game about 2 weeks ago as a guest, and due to fondness of the game created an account in-game which is also Bluethorn. So far I am at level 8 and currently do not have a clan. I will not reveal any of my personal information as others seem to have on this thread, but I will convey some obvious facts about myself: I tend to speak like a 40 year old typing a resume, but in actuality I am 22 years old, and currently studying in my last year of college. I used to play Risk alot and am somewhere decent in it and as this game is somewhat similar to it, my level is not close to my actual experience. And not to use self promotion, but I find myself very adaptive and a quick-learner.
Well that being said, I hope to see you all in-game and am optimistic in becoming friends with you all. :)
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Thought you were in The Constituency of the Rose clan Bluethorn?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Bluethorn » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:43 am

Happiness told me that he will soon disband it.
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby British Bulldog » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Game seems to be slightly busier than it was a few months back, so my plan is to try and promote the forum for a while.

Just wanted to bump this topic really in case anyone does have a look, as lets be honest this place can be pretty weird at times, and this thread might catch peoples attention and be a good place to start (And before they read a bit more and things gets really f**ked up!)
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion