New Players Thread

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

New Players Thread

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:35 am

New Players - Welcome to Vortex Wars.

We are glad to have you here. In the Welcome New Players Thread - There are only three types of posts allowed :

1) Any post from a new player. A new player for this thread is:

+++++Any player level 15 or under in the game or
+++++has a forum post count under 100 posts.

If that is you - You can post anything you like here on this thread. We encourage you to ask questions about the game, explain the different game modes, ask for tips and advice, information on clans, how do you add an avatar, etc. Anything you either want to know or say - this is your spot to Risk! your post with no worries - We know you are new and we are here to help. You can even just share your thoughts with other new players.

2) Responses from veterans. Other than this opening welcome post - from here on out - Veterans are to stay away from posting to this thread except in direct response to a post by a new player. We are here to help you new players. If we can respond in a productive way - we will do so here - but only in direct response to your posts on this thread. This is a safe zone for you to avoid unsolicited veteran's advice. But if you post something here - we will be responsive to you.

3) Welcome/Congratulatory messages. Any forum member - New Player or Veteran - may post a message either welcoming a new player to the game, welcoming a new user to the forum, or to otherwise post a congratulatory note - such as we will acknowledge you on your birthday - whether you are a New Player or not.

This game always needs New Players to keep our community growing. From the Veterans that love this game and the Forum - We welcome you to Vortex Wars! Tell your friends - we want them to join too!

Welcome to Vortex Wars!
Last edited by BeatlesFan on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Re: New Players Thread

Postby Guest77 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:36 am

So if I've been playing for like a week and a half or so, does that mean I'm new?
Guest77

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 am

Guest77 wrote:So if I've been playing for like a week and a half or so, does that mean I'm new?

Yes, but only due to the time. You clearly have learned a lot in a short time - you are already Level 13. Congratulations! You are well on your way. I would even note that with 51 posts and level 13 - you have completed a major milestone in record time. I hope that you enjoy the game as much as I do.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:50 am

Guest77 wrote:So if I've been playing for like a week and a half or so, does that mean I'm new?

Your new, and your freaking epic! Please stay both ingame and inforum.

Beatle, am I considered a veteran? I like the sound of that. Ill obey your rules for this thread, it's a good one.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Guest77 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:58 am

BeatlesFan wrote:

Yes, but only due to the time. You clearly have learned a lot in a short time - you are already Level 13. Congratulations! You are well on your way. I would even note that with 51 posts and level 13 - you have completed a major milestone in record time. I hope that you enjoy the game as much as I do.

:lol: It's entertaining and has its moments.

Fangfallen wrote:

Your new, and your freaking epic! Please stay both ingame and inforum.

I can only hope to try, but once I start my job soon, who knows how much spare time I'll have >.<
Guest77

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:08 am

Well, do your best! I'd hate to lose a member with as much promise and potentiality as you. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the forums, clans, and in-game stuff. I've learned a lot during my over 2 years here.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

EFFACÉ

Postby Ozserf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:42 pm

EFFACÉ
Last edited by Ozserf on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozserf

Postby Guest77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 am

Got over 1600 rating for the first time today :lol:

hehehe so nooby.
Guest77

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 am

Guest77 wrote:Got over 1600 rating for the first time today :lol:

hehehe so nooby.

Not so new anymore - You must be "playing with the big boys" to get a rating increase like that. When you play higher rated players - your ratings increase (when you win or do well in the placing) also goes up. You must be doing something right. You are winning (or placing well) against other high rated players.

Well done.

(Other possibility is a ratings glitch/bug - but unlikely).
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:05 am

It's no glitch, I've played a few matches with Guest, he hasn't beaten me...yet. But he is really badass.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Next

Return to General discussion