Money Making Ideas

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Money Making Ideas

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:46 am

Okay - I am bringing this back:

I am asking for a serious proposal here. Please make a suggestion on what to do that in the end would result in a bottom line profit for Lopdo. How would you spend X amount of money, requiring Y actions, that would likely result in Z bottom line dollars within a period of time?
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Robomajor » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:50 am

BeatlesFan wrote:Okay - I am bringing this back:

I am asking for a serious proposal here. Please make a suggestion on what to do that in the end would result in a bottom line profit for Lopdo. How would you spend X amount of money, requiring Y actions, that would likely result in Z bottom line dollars within a period of time?

Men of Vortex Wars calendar.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:55 am

Robomajor wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:Okay - I am bringing this back:

Men of Vortex Wars calendar.

Okay - Robomajor has proposed a Vortex Wars Shop: One click button on the game main page.

Limited run of Vortex Wars related merchandise:

1) Figures of the various races
2) T-Shirts
3) Vortex Wars calendars
4) Coffee mugs
5) Posters
6) Other non Vortex Wars products that others make and offer and Lopdo gets a small slice for letting others order it from his shop

Great start. Keep the money-making ideas coming.
BeatlesFan

Postby Robomajor » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:08 am

But for real, to get more players we could put vortex wars on sites like armorgames but smaller or just lesser known. All the ones we haven't yet.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:25 am

I keep thinking that there is some potential in running a "Related Things" site. Part of the challenge for any game, Vortex Wars included, is that a hot game has a life span of sorts. Vortex Wars hit its peak some time ago.

I know this needs work, but I had proposed something along the lines of http://www.vortexgames.com with 5 Lopdo games on it. A new game every so often would keep players interested and a dying game could be removed and all of us are still there playing what is still hot and sticking around for the new one that gets released from time to time.

You could like any of the 5 and still be enticed to at least check out the others while you are on the site.

One registered player name and you have access to all. While you are in your favorite, next to no effort to try the others.

I also suggest ONE forum that ties in all of the games. This forum would not require you to register. If you are a registered player, you are the already the same there and can access the forum.

Lopdo doesn't even have to make all of the games himself, he can allow someone else to enter a partnership that gives him some percentage of overall activity profits and if the other games drive players to his sites - they both win.

A shop that sells a few things that appeal to gamers in general could generate some income stream. Coin only purchases would be available on all of the games also raising revenue.

One ad after each level up or at some other point while you are waiting for something good to load will also generate some revenue (This level up brought to you by our sponsor => 30 second ad => "Congratulations you have earned 150 shards for earning level 15!" You are happy with the shards and level up and are not mad about a 30 second ad.
BeatlesFan

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:31 am

http://funny.io/ is already bringing in players, I imagine VW would have to leave that for that to happen (though considering how rarely that site is updated, any traffic from those games would probably continue to exist).
Ratburntro44

Postby mattie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 pm

give lopdo a new brain so he can spend more time thinking on vw and how to make it popular and how to make money off it
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby Lopdo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:23 am

or find somebody willing to take over the development :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby mattie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 am

Lopdo wrote:or find somebody willing to take over the development :)

I think ozserf wanted to and BF
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby Happiness » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm

You know sometimes, a simple "Please support the developers by donating!" button does wonders. Advertisements are a good way of losing players btw
"Don't worry, be happy"
Happiness

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion