Money Making Ideas

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Money Making Ideas

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 am

Vortex Wars is free. I would like to keep it around for a long time. This topic is where you can post your ideas on how the site can make money. Please do not suggest anything that would ruin the gameplay such as repeated pop up ads.

Give your best ideas on making this a profitable site that will last for years to come without ruining any gameplay.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Re: Money Making Ideas

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 am

Here is a suggestion to get us started:

5 coins: "Move Boost" - can only be used once per map - allows you to move your troops from any one space to another that you own. Must leave at least 1 unit behind
BeatlesFan

Postby royalblue » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:38 am

Advertisements on other games and sites would spread the popularity.

If only lopdo was better known...

As you pointed out, a few other varieties of new things people like but can't be too unfair with would help. Essentially things to separate you from the crowd (red chat in lobby for instance)
I honestly don't remember why I decided to type everything in blue.
royalblue

Postby Xtermy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:52 am

More advertising, in-game clan system, more features, long overdue bug fixes, a better and faster server, adequate moderation, a mobile version, I could go all day...
Xtermy

Postby bocboc » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am

When we are connected for the first time of the day, a pop-up appears and we earn some shards ... just include a commercial video that we've to watch to earn these shards ...
It's simple, only one ad in a day is not so much "pollution", and the player would have the choice to watch or not (but to have these shards or not)

But to increase interest of advertisers, the game have to increase numbers of players ...
royalblue suggest ads, i agree but i think it cost before reporting ...
So i purpose a system of "godfather" which rewards players who invite new players to suscribe ...
I know there's a default cause it can encourage players to have multiple accounts, to avoid that it must put some verifications as different IP, different mail, and at least your godchild reach a definited level (5 for example) to be consider as a real "addict" player ...
To encourage this system, the reward must be more attractive than coins or shards, it could be a special race that you can only have after you have sponsored 5 or 10 "goldchild" ...
bocboc

Postby Joshua » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:26 am

Referrals are just going to get cheaters coins. Level 5 takes no time at all. I'd make it Level 15, and played for X amount of days (maybe in a row).
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby bocboc » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 pm

I know that referrals is an open door to cheaters :|
The safest system is to give a little % of coins bought by godchild to the godfather, but i don't like this system ...

We can think about a gradual reward, like X shards if ur godchild reach level 15, 5 coins if he reach level 30 ... etc ...
But i think a special race can be more funny ... perhaps if u have 5 godchilds who reach level 30 ... i dunno ...
bocboc

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:46 pm

I like this idea by techgump - posted back on October 26th.

I suggest adding it an an option called Victory Matches - cost = 1 coin per player to join. You could use this for clan vs clan matchups or just you against someone else. The rest of this post is a cut and paste from a prior idea by techgump:

Betting with Shards and Coin

by techgump » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 pm

It would be really sweet for betting to happen before games begin. So I can offer a win, or at least to beat, one or more players, and back that with shards or coin bet. The opponents can chose to accept or decline bet to take my shards (or pay them) upon winning or losing the bet.

Possible Bets:
Winning the Game
Beating the Player

That offer can be sent to one or more players in the game lobby. Ther offer can be accepted or declined. If accepted, the offer is retracted if the player leaves the lobby before game start. Offers cannot be accepted if player does not have the coin or shard to back bet.
This way, I can tell players to put their money where their mouth is.

Problem is, could this be used in ill ways. I believe so.
BeatlesFan

Postby Ratburntro44 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Put in a tutorial on using your parents' credit card without them knowing.

Or put in new payable features... hmm... time to think and try and get ideas in feature requests.
Ratburntro44

Postby Xtermy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:Put in a tutorial on using your parents' credit card without them knowing.

:lol:
Xtermy

Next

Return to General discussion