Money Making Ideas

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Money Making Ideas

Postby Xtermy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm

canag0d wrote:More things so buy. I have close to 10k shards now, nothing left to buy.

I wish that was my problem... Can you lend me some? 8-)
Xtermy

Postby Xtermy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 pm

calleharnemark wrote:Maybe a new kind of boost. Spawn boost.. hmm give you extra troops the turn you use it.

Another good idea I read a while ago on the feature requests section, was an invisibility/fog of war boost that one could apply on a territory. Basically, the enemy wouldn't be able to know what is the strength of that specific territory (would show up as a question mark, instead of a number). Attacking the territory or using the territory to attack the enemy would remove the boost. In this case, attacking the territory would be a gamble, as you could never know if you'd be hitting an 8. A cool and funny situation would be if an opponent would be afraid to attack a masked territory (thinking that there's an 8 there), when actually there was only a 1 there.

Granted, once all territories of both sides are 8s, the boost loses its value (especially on smaller maps), but that can be said about the other boost to some extent.
Xtermy

Postby calleharnemark » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Xtermy wrote:
calleharnemark wrote:Maybe a new kind of boost. Spawn boost.. hmm give you extra troops the turn you use it.

Another good idea I read a while ago on the feature requests section, was an invisibility/fog of war boost that one could apply on a territory. Basically, the enemy wouldn't be able to know what is the strength of that specific territory (would show up as a question mark, instead of a number). Attacking the territory or using the territory to attack the enemy would remove the boost. In this case, attacking the territory would be a gamble, as you could never know if you'd be hitting an 8. A cool and funny situation would be if an opponent would be afraid to attack a masked territory (thinking that there's an 8 there), when actually there was only a 1 there.

Granted, once all territories of both sides are 8s, the boost loses its value (especially on smaller maps), but that can be said about the other boost to some extent.

Btw I have come up with a new game mode. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3556. We just need some sponsorship for it. But face it: few people knows this game exist even about those who likes risk. That's what I think. We need to reach out to a bigger community. I also suggest a new fundraiser to increase your numbers of players, Lopdo.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Lopdo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

there should be new wave of new players soon, I am already afraid of swarm of complains that will follow :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby calleharnemark » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Lopdo wrote:there should be new wave of new players soon, I am already afraid of swarm of complains that will follow :)

How can you tell?
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
calleharnemark

Postby Lopdo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 pm

because I know what is going to happen ;)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby necrocat219 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Lopdo wrote:because I know what is going to happen ;)

:?: But the games still teeming with balance problems that have yet to be fixed that have been ignored for ages!
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby calleharnemark » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 am

necrocat219 wrote:

:?: But the games still teeming with balance problems that have yet to be fixed that have been ignored for ages!

How does that stop a swarm? Meh, Lopdo's solution: add new races.
calleharnemark

Postby Xtermy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 am

calleharnemark wrote:
necrocat219 wrote:

How does that stop a swarm? Meh, Lopdo's solution: add new races.

Lol, exactly!
Xtermy

Postby AxemBlue » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 am

necrocat219 wrote:

More like forever. Things never change, do they?
Why am I still skulking around here? That's a very good question.

“the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
AxemBlue

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion