Blacklist

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Blacklist

Postby reach229 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Player Blacklist

Since there's no official blacklist function on the game (for various valid reasons) I've decided to start a thread where people can name the bad player and say what they did wrong. This will either help game starters to weed out the poor sports, or just allow disgruntled players to blow off steam after a bad match. I should note there have been many more than the two I list below, but these are the two whose names were written down:

Date - Player - Reason:

08/03/2012 - WILQOLAK - Secret alliance before start of the game, the other players never stood a chance and that's not right.
08/03/2012 - admo1111 - Secret ally as above, neither player spoke a word during the game and may be the same user.

*Please only reply to this thread if you want to add players to the list, I do not want to read any arguments and will not be drawn into one.*
If you believe this post to be pointless, your reply must also be pointless, by extension.
reach229

Re: Blacklist

Postby reach229 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 pm

There are plenty of worthy players reported on the report players page (http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1598).
here are a few more pointed out by a fellow player:

Date Unknown - Gormit100 - Excessive and repetetive swearing, spiteful attacks designed to make one player lose.
Date Unknown - QWERSER - Secret alliance, eventually confessed.
Date Unknown - ITH3WALDO - Same as above.
If you believe this post to be pointless, your reply must also be pointless, by extension.
reach229

Postby Xtermy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 am

reach229 wrote:Player Blacklist

Since there's no official blacklist function on the game (for various valid reasons) I've decided to start a thread where people can name the bad player and say what they did wrong. This will either help game starters to weed out the poor sports, or just allow disgruntled players to blow off steam after a bad match. I should note there have been many more than the two I list below, but these are the two whose names were written down:

Date - Player - Reason:

08/03/2012 - WILQOLAK - Secret alliance before start of the game, the other players never stood a chance and that's not right.
08/03/2012 - admo1111 - Secret ally as above, neither player spoke a word during the game and may be the same user.

*Please only reply to this thread if you want to add players to the list, I do not want to read any arguments and will not be drawn into one.*

reach229, while I understand that you don't want to read any arguments, I do still want to point out that a thread (of which you are obviously aware of and linked to in your own message) exists for nearly an identical purpose.

Also, while making secret alliances is indeed despised by many (including myself), it is not cause for black-listing (unlike playing with multiple accounts in the same match, practically having 2 or more armies, which is a cause).
Xtermy

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 am

The blacklist is who HE chooses not to play against. It doesn't have to do with you. He could blacklist people for their username beginning with l if he wanted to. And this is very different from reporting, where they actually have to break a rule.
Ratburntro44

Postby Awesome400 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:08 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:The blacklist is who HE chooses not to play against. It doesn't have to do with you. He could blacklist people for their username beginning with l if he wanted to. And this is very different from reporting, where they actually have to break a rule.

If the only reson of this thread is so he can write down random names of people who he doesnt like then there is not much point in having this thread. ;)
(Join the 2k Rebels we fight for um... justice and stuff like that. :D)

http://www.vortexwars.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=1733

Donate to VortexWars 2.0 Donation fund!

http://www.advizenow.com/

(Im spreading the word :P)
Awesome400

Postby techgump » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 am

I think it's a good idea. Anyone can add to the list and state the reason why, as mentioned in his original post. Good for dup account players, etc.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby Xtermy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Awesome400 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:The blacklist is who HE chooses not to play against. It doesn't have to do with you. He could blacklist people for their username beginning with l if he wanted to. And this is very different from reporting, where they actually have to break a rule.

If the only reson of this thread is so he can write down random names of people who he doesnt like then there is not much point in having this thread. ;)

^This :D
Xtermy

Postby reach229 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks for understanding ratburntro40, I do not pretend to be an authority and don't expect anything to be done about anything I have complained about here. This is merely a place to blow off steam and name and shame those who have made it to your own personal blacklist.

This thread should be a warning to other players, not an official ban notice.
reach229

Postby BetaGen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

I'll add to the list:
Squiffy really does not realise the concept of a strategic game.
For instance, instead of targeting a player with 20territories at the point where it was possible to stop him from growing, he targeted me with 10 territories and a guest with the same number of territories attacking me. No conversations took place...

I'm not sour, but I don't approve when people make the game sort of... retarded and easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3jnW2kcUs
IT IS TIME YOU
( •_•)
( •_•)⤺⫭■-■
(⫭■_■)
MAKE A DONATION
*YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH*
http://www.advizenow.com/
BetaGen

Postby MASTER EGG YESS » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:08 am

What i do is take a screenshot and put there username in my personal blacklist. I put players I believe that are disloyal to vortex wars,- backstabbing alliances, cursing, secret alliances, as well as enemies. If I see them I kick them or leave. I currently have about 41 people on my list. Half of them are old though and probably don't play anymore. As for guests, use the button no guests. I as well keep an ally list. 74

: )
MASTER EGG YESS : )
Egg
MASTER EGG YESS

Next

Return to General discussion