Random Number Generator for Dice Rolls

Here you can report all bugs you find

Random Number Generator for Dice Rolls

Postby N_Da_Game » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Something is not right or has changed with the Random Number Generator for dice rolls. The failure rate where a player has the advantage (8 vs 3, 7 vs 4, 3 vs 1) and loses is excessive. This is happening on 2 consecutive rolls where an attack boost used. The dice roll results are inconsistent with the statistical probable outcome for a 6 sided die. This just started in the last two weeks and appears to favor races without any enhancements and occurs with multiple players in the same game. :(
N_Da_Game

Re: Random Number Generator for Dice Rolls

Postby beaver » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 am

I had updated the Player.io server on January 31 with some bug fixes to the moderator tools. The previous update to Player.io's server was in November. Do you think this could have started on January 31st? Just in case, I rolled back the server to the previous version.
beaver

Postby N_Da_Game » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:02 am

Other players started making comments about this issue last week so it is possible it may have started on Jan 31st. It seems like I noticed it a little before then. Thanks for looking into this. :D
N_Da_Game

Postby beaver » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Please let me know if you still see this.
beaver

Postby N_Da_Game » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:43 pm

It continues to happen. I would like to hear other players perspective. I see it occurring with all players every game.
N_Da_Game

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 pm

All in one game on VW 2.4 I saw a player (BigPhoenix) win a 7v8 vs defense boost twice, and hold off a 8v5 twice as well as one 8v6.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:39 pm

I might have the server start recording rolls and see if it is different from what the probabilities should be.
beaver

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Another 5 holds off an 8 and another 6 holds off an 8. Different game and players this time. Oh, and another 7v8 win against a defense boosted region. and another 6 holds off an 8 twice. All winning rolls were by CarlosBrazilian who wouldn't tell me which version he was using.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 pm

It now records the number rolled for each dice in each battle for hardcore games. You can view the results at http://beta.vortexwars.com/rolls. Each number should be appearing approximately the same number of times, which so far it is.
beaver

Postby >(FM)< » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:23 am

This is a thing?
This has been happening to me forever,
Just hardly ever on the "good" side,
You guys are overreacting.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Return to Bug reports