Can't Upload Avatars

Here you can report all bugs you find

Can't Upload Avatars

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 pm

On the profile screen, the avatar bit won't let me (or anyone else) upload a new avatar off the computer. You can still change it with a url link to the picture on the internet, and I guess it would be possible to just upload to a site like photobucket and then link it from there, but if you get the chance to change it back and it isn't too difficult, it would be appreciated. :D

Helpful note: this thread isn't about a bug in uploading avatars, it's just a convenient feature that was here until a few weeks ago when Lopdo changed some forum settings. I figured this was somewhere in between feature requests and bugs, so I flipped a coin and put it here.
Last edited by Autumnwolf17 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Re: Can't Upload Avatars

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:You can still change it with a url link to the picture on the internet

I just tried this using a pic from Google Images but I got the message "The value entered is too long" or something like that. And I don't have photobucket or anything like that. Lopdo, please fix this, I'm getting tired of my current avatar.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
Autumnwolf17 wrote:You can still change it with a url link to the picture on the internet

I just tried this using a pic from Google Images but I got the message "The value entered is too long" or something like that. And I don't have photobucket or anything like that. Lopdo, please fix this, I'm getting tired of my current avatar.

I'm fairly certain you're talking about something else, and I doubt it's a bug.

If you mean that the picture is too large, then you can scale it down by calculating the ratio between the largest number and 150, then apply the same ratio to the smaller picture to get an acceptably sized image of the same proportions (you type those numbers into the scaling feature, which still works for me just as usual.

If you mean the message says that the url link you entered into the space is too long/invalid, then you've probably done it wrong. The most likely mistake is that you right clicked and tried to copy the picture or something. All you need to do is click on the image, click on the View Image button (which should bring you to a page with the picture on an otherwise blank "background"), and then copy and paste the url from the top bar (where you'd go to type in website addresses). If it's the wrong size, refer to the first bit up there.

What I mean here is only that I can't upload images from my computer, which I figure was accidentally removed while Lopdo was updating the forums. Technically not even a bug, but not exactly a feature request either. I can still do image editing and upload onto something like photobucket, but if it's an easy a fix as it would seem to be, I figure I may as well just ask for it to make things easier. :)
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby calleharnemark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:
GivinUDaHimelik wrote:

I'm fairly certain you're talking about something else, and I doubt it's a bug.

If you mean that the picture is too large, then you can scale it down by calculating the ratio between the largest number and 150, then apply the same ratio to the smaller picture to get an acceptably sized image of the same proportions (you type those numbers into the scaling feature, which still works for me just as usual.

If you mean the message says that the url link you entered into the space is too long/invalid, then you've probably done it wrong. The most likely mistake is that you right clicked and tried to copy the picture or something. All you need to do is click on the image, click on the View Image button (which should bring you to a page with the picture on an otherwise blank "background"), and then copy and paste the url from the top bar (where you'd go to type in website addresses). If it's the wrong size, refer to the first bit up there.

What I mean here is only that I can't upload images from my computer, which I figure was accidentally removed while Lopdo was updating the forums. Technically not even a bug, but not exactly a feature request either. I can still do image editing and upload onto something like photobucket, but if it's an easy a fix as it would seem to be, I figure I may as well just ask for it to make things easier. :)

Isn't this more of phBB forum bug than a game bug? Maybe you should go to a phBB phBB forum.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Nah, it's not a bug, I think Lopdo just accidentally removed the option.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Return to Bug reports