Vortex Wars is shutting down

Official announcements about VW from dev team

Vortex Wars is shutting down

Postby Lopdo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:20 am

Hey folks,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like your beloved VW is on its death bed. Multiplayer service I have been using for VW (Player.IO) has been sold once again and new owner doesn't play as nice as the old one. Previously, I was able to keep the game running for free, since it was small and didn't have too many users. New owner's pricing plans however require at least $500/month to keep the game running, which I just can't justify. It would be hard sell even in the golden age of VW couple years ago. And no, new user or new content or new version won't help at all, this is just too much.

I am not sure what exactly will happen and when it will happen, but I expect they will shut me down within month, so if the game suddenly stop working (more than usual) than the day has probably come. I am not going to pull the plug myself unless I have to, to keep you guys playing for as long as possible.

Thanks for all you did for me, for the game and for the community. It has been one hell of a ride :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Re: Vortex Wars is shutting down

Postby Lopdo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Some of you expressed interest in giving me a way of contacting you when I make some new game or something about the game changes. I think it is a good idea. I will post relevant stuff on this forum as long as it will be alive, but it will be shutting probably down soon after the game itself. For more long term solution, you can send me private message with your email (put CONTACT ME! into subject) and I will mass email everyone when need arises
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Return to Announcements